Sending LORs to lsac Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Baruch Hume

New

Sending LORs to lsac

Post by Baruch Hume » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm

When my recommenders send their LORs to LSAC should I ask them to send each letter in its own envelope or is ok for them to send them with the proper forms in one big envelope.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Re: Sending LORs to lsac

Post by Kurt Cobain » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 pm

They can send them together. My prof sent me the letter he wrote, and I it in with the LSAC form, and LSAC says they successfully received it!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Kurt Cobain wrote:They can send them together. My prof sent me the letter he wrote, and I it in with the LSAC form, and LSAC says they successfully received it!
Wait I'm confused - doesn't the official LSAC form get sent with the letter? How else would the LSAC know which applicant the letter is for?

slamp

New

Post by slamp » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:21 pm

The LSAC form definitely has to be sent in with the letter. I think OP wants to know if several LORs from one recommender can go in the same envelope (i.e. a school-specific letter along with a generic one). I was in that situation and just gave them two separate envelopes, to be on the safe side. No idea if you can just put them together, but I didn't want to chance it.

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Post by vespertiliovir » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 pm

slamp wrote:The LSAC form definitely has to be sent in with the letter. I think OP wants to know if several LORs from one recommender can go in the same envelope (i.e. a school-specific letter along with a generic one). I was in that situation and just gave them two separate envelopes, to be on the safe side. No idea if you can just put them together, but I didn't want to chance it.
I would agree with this -- better to err on the side of caution.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:46 pm

slamp wrote:The LSAC form definitely has to be sent in with the letter. I think OP wants to know if several LORs from one recommender can go in the same envelope (i.e. a school-specific letter along with a generic one). I was in that situation and just gave them two separate envelopes, to be on the safe side. No idea if you can just put them together, but I didn't want to chance it.
Oh I see. I certainly wouldn't risk it; its worth the cost of a second envelope and $0.44 for postage to be sure its done right.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 pm

angiej wrote:
Kurt Cobain wrote:They can send them together. My prof sent me the letter he wrote, and I it in with the LSAC form, and LSAC says they successfully received it!
Wait I'm confused - doesn't the official LSAC form get sent with the letter? How else would the LSAC know which applicant the letter is for?
I sent it with the letter. My professor mailed me the letter, then I mailed the letter along with the LSAC form to LSAC. Sorry for the confusion.

drake

New

Post by drake » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Last edited by drake on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:03 pm

drake wrote:I have a problem...

My LOR was apparently sent to LSAC as Certified Mail which requires the person receiving the letter to sign a form or something upon delivery.

Well, since this is sent to a PO Box and obviously there is no one there to sign anything, the mailman left a delivery notice and took the LOR back to the post office (Newtown Post Office I guess).

The notice says that someone has to come to the post office to pick up the letter or else it will be returned to me 15 days later.

My question is... will the LSAC actually send someone to the post office to pick up the letter? I can't imagine them sending someone to pick up one letter when there are thousands of applicant materials to organize and deal with.
They have to go to the Post Office to pick up the mail from the PO Box do they not?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”