How reliable is LawSchool Numbers???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wizger

Re: How reliable is LawSchool Numbers???

Postby wizger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:50 am

uhh. you either switched from correct to incorrect or you just have one more to go. :D

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:52 am

d34dluk3 wrote:They fudge their stats so adcoms can't identify them on the site. My set of numbers, for example, would be easily identifiable if I were to post the exact numbers. I guess the worry is that adcoms won't appreciate their inner workings being posted to teh intarwebz. They only fudge by a point on the LSAT and to the nearest tenth on GPA anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Other people on there are flames - these are easy to tell. The black guy with a 152 who got into Yale, the guys who has a recommendation from Stephen Hawking, etc.

Other than that, no one knows how accurate it is, but there's no reason to think that it's not.

I think my favorite was the black guy with a 120 who got into Duke. It wasn't even believable what was the point of posting it?

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:53 am

wizger wrote:uhh. you either switched from correct to incorrect or you just have one more to go. :D

This brings a few things to mind for me. One, I hope Asha really wasn't reading that shameful display, and two, that really does not bode well for my personal statement :P.

I switched the wrong "your" the first time :x

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am

Chris_cpb wrote:I think my favorite was the black guy with a 120 who got into Duke. It wasn't even believable what was the point of posting it?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. People look for evidence that conforms to their worldview and if they have a worldview that the man (in this case, minorities) are trying to hold them down, they will find evidence regardless of the credibility that supports it.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 pm

TommyK wrote:
Chris_cpb wrote:I think my favorite was the black guy with a 120 who got into Duke. It wasn't even believable what was the point of posting it?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. People look for evidence that conforms to their worldview and if they have a worldview that the man (in this case, minorities) are trying to hold them down, they will find evidence regardless of the credibility that supports it.

Wait, the man = minorities? Mind blown!! :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”