traffic violation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sharpshooter

traffic violation

Postby sharpshooter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 am

twice i have been ticketed for out of date registration on my vehicle which was easily resolved by simply renewing it. however, i know of the c and f parts of the apps it often tells you to omit parking and non-moving violations. would out of date registration be considered a non-moving violation? thanks

d34d9823

Re: traffic violation

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 am

sharpshooter wrote:twice i have been ticketed for out of date registration on my vehicle which was easily resolved by simply renewing it. however, i know of the c and f parts of the apps it often tells you to omit parking and non-moving violations. would out of date registration be considered a non-moving violation? thanks

Were you moving while you failed to renew your registration? I think this is the crucial point on which this question hangs.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 pm

sharpshooter wrote:twice i have been ticketed for out of date registration on my vehicle which was easily resolved by simply renewing it. however, i know of the c and f parts of the apps it often tells you to omit parking and non-moving violations. would out of date registration be considered a non-moving violation? thanks

Yes you must include that information on your apps. You're screwed. My .02

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

Why would OP be "screwed" by this?? Just disclose and move on.

OP: I think the parking/non-moving exception applies to "traffic" violations, not violations related to registration. For example, if you were cited for driving without a license, you'd have to disclose it. I think this situation is similar.

Note: I'm not a licensed attorney and this is just my opinion, not legal advice.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:39 pm

MrKappus wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

Why would OP be "screwed" by this?? Just disclose and move on.

OP: I think the parking/non-moving exception applies to "traffic" violations, not violations related to registration. For example, if you were cited for driving without a license, you'd have to disclose it. I think this situation is similar.

Note: I'm not a licensed attorney and this is just my opinion, not legal advice.

I assumed that was sarcasm because this is such a ridiculous question. I wouldn't disclose, honestly. If they come back and say you should have, you can just say you thought it fell into non-moving violations.

But most of all, read the fucking actual instructions and/or call the admissions office instead of asking random people on the internet.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”