What GRE book is considered superior?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

What GRE book is considered superior?

Postby tru » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What GRE book is considered superior?

Postby wadeny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Kaplan was awful for the LSAT, but I found their GRE premier edition to be pretty solid. Also, if you find yourself struggling with some of the GRE words, I would recommend getting a GRE vocab book.

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:43 pm

This is the most gunner thread title ever.

Postby djjf39 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 pm

OP, I took the GRE and scored well, but I did not use a book for in-depth test prep. Due to the nature of the test, i.e. computer-adaptive, studying out of a book for anything other than bare-bones test methodology I would think a fool-hardy effort. TPR's got a program that comes with their GRE book, which has three or four unique GREs that you can take plus some nifty tools for analyzing your completed tests; the book though is largely worthless. I would actually point you to Barron's GRE guide, which also comes with software. There are also tons of third party programs that help with either the math or vocab sections of the test. The writing section is not difficult to prep for, but you do need to be aware of the grading criteria that GRE scorers will deploy; this might be the easiest aspect of the GRE to absorb out of a book.

Out of curiosity, why are you studying for the GRE?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”