Fall 2010 Numbers?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vsl89
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby vsl89 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Quick question -- when do most T14s release their Fall 2010 numbers? Those numbers should be what guide prospective applications in determining the viability of their candidacy, correct? (As in, current medians, while helpful, are not as accurate for weighing yourself against as will be the medians of the class just admitted.)

goldeneagle
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby goldeneagle » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Boalt is the only school to release as of yet...

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby im_blue » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Final numbers probably won't be determined until the first day of classes, and after that it's up to how quickly the school chooses to update its web site.

vsl89
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby vsl89 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:15 pm

How much do those numbers generally fluctuate from year to year? Depending on how they shift this year, I may change where I apply ED, etc.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:16 pm

vsl89 wrote:How much do those numbers generally fluctuate from year to year? Depending on how they shift this year, I may change where I apply ED, etc.


Very little. LSAT most years is exactly the same.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm

vsl89 wrote:Quick question -- when do most T14s release their Fall 2010 numbers? Those numbers should be what guide prospective applications in determining the viability of their candidacy, correct? (As in, current medians, while helpful, are not as accurate for weighing yourself against as will be the medians of the class just admitted.)


The medians are unlikely to move much, if at all. If they do, they'll move up... they have risen incrementally over the years at most schools. Even so, a one year difference will not matter much, so I'd just plan on the medians being the same.

Al Prufrock
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:05 am

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby Al Prufrock » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
vsl89 wrote:Quick question -- when do most T14s release their Fall 2010 numbers? Those numbers should be what guide prospective applications in determining the viability of their candidacy, correct? (As in, current medians, while helpful, are not as accurate for weighing yourself against as will be the medians of the class just admitted.)


The medians are unlikely to move much, if at all. If they do, they'll move up... they have risen incrementally over the years at most schools. Even so, a one year difference will not matter much, so I'd just plan on the medians being the same.

Not saying this is the trend but Boalts went down.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby romothesavior » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Al Prufrock wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vsl89 wrote:Quick question -- when do most T14s release their Fall 2010 numbers? Those numbers should be what guide prospective applications in determining the viability of their candidacy, correct? (As in, current medians, while helpful, are not as accurate for weighing yourself against as will be the medians of the class just admitted.)


The medians are unlikely to move much, if at all. If they do, they'll move up... they have risen incrementally over the years at most schools. Even so, a one year difference will not matter much, so I'd just plan on the medians being the same.

Not saying this is the trend but Boalts went down.


That's because Boalt sucks.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Al Prufrock wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vsl89 wrote:Quick question -- when do most T14s release their Fall 2010 numbers? Those numbers should be what guide prospective applications in determining the viability of their candidacy, correct? (As in, current medians, while helpful, are not as accurate for weighing yourself against as will be the medians of the class just admitted.)


The medians are unlikely to move much, if at all. If they do, they'll move up... they have risen incrementally over the years at most schools. Even so, a one year difference will not matter much, so I'd just plan on the medians being the same.

Not saying this is the trend but Boalts went down.


I'm hoping this trend continues across the board. *Crosses fingers* :mrgreen:.

thechee
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 am

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby thechee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:22 pm

If LSN is any indicator, Duke and Penn might gain an LSAT point over last year.

goldeneagle
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby goldeneagle » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Boalt's median went down but tuition went up.. to 70k+ for out of state!

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Fall 2010 Numbers?

Postby im_blue » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:48 pm

thechee wrote:If LSN is any indicator, Duke and Penn might gain an LSAT point over last year.

It's quite possible that Duke went up to 170, since every 169 RD admit on LSN had a 3.77+ GPA. But there's no way Penn gets to 171 to match CCN, since they took a lot of 3.6-3.8/170 people. Similarly, Michigan accepted a bunch of 3.5-3.7/169, so I think their median stayed the same. Cornell has a chance to go up to 168, since most 167 admits had 3.8+ GPAs.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests