Best Morning Routine?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr.Bateman

Best Morning Routine?

Postby Mr.Bateman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Much time has been spent on important personal choices for that first year of law school. Should I purchase a MacBook or Thinkpad? What sort of desk chair is both ergonomically and economically feasible? No one needs neck aches while reviewing for Contracts. I wonder what brand of backpack is best? Or maybe I should go for a messenger bag. The real question, on that first day of classes in August, do I want that cross-chest sweat stain from the messenger strap or the double-pits stain from the backpack? New or used books? Do I rent or buy? So much stress, and class hasn't even started yet!

I am interested here in a question of equal, no -- of greater importance than those above. None of us can deny that we must keep up our healthy lifestyle routines once the stresses of class begin. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion.

Does this sound do-able, or am I likely to get swept away by my hectic 1L schedule. 2Ls & 3Ls, what are you thoughts? Did you get saddled with that 1L 15?

blink

Re: Best Morning Routine?

Postby blink » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 pm

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha wow this just made my night.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 pm

IB someone makes a meme out of this.

vespertiliovir

Postby vespertiliovir » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 pm

blink wrote:hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha wow this just made my night.

really? i thought it was kind of lame...

thepunisher24

Postby thepunisher24 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 pm

--ImageRemoved--

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 pm

keeping that schedule is very doable

keeping your sanity will be another matter, because there is no exit from law school

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I think your mask of sanity is about slip.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 am

This is soo funny cuz I just right now finished watching this movie... Interesting

Mr.Bateman wrote:Much time has been spent on important personal choices for that first year of law school. Should I purchase a MacBook or Thinkpad? What sort of desk chair is both ergonomically and economically feasible? No one needs neck aches while reviewing for Contracts. I wonder what brand of backpack is best? Or maybe I should go for a messenger bag. The real question, on that first day of classes in August, do I want that cross-chest sweat stain from the messenger strap or the double-its stain from the backpack? New or used books? Do I rent or buy? So much stress, and class hasn't even started yet!

I am interested here in a question of equal, no -- of greater importance than those above. None of us can deny that we must keep up our healthy lifestyle routines once the stresses of class begin. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion.

Does this sound do-able, or am I likely to get swept away by my hectic 1L schedule. 2Ls & 3Ls, what are you thoughts? Did you get saddled with that 1L 15?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 am

"Hey Paul! AHHHH!!"

jay115

Postby jay115 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 am

Mr.Bateman wrote:Much time has been spent on important personal choices for that first year of law school. Should I purchase a MacBook or Thinkpad? What sort of desk chair is both ergonomically and economically feasible? No one needs neck aches while reviewing for Contracts. I wonder what brand of backpack is best? Or maybe I should go for a messenger bag. The real question, on that first day of classes in August, do I want that cross-chest sweat stain from the messenger strap or the double-pits stain from the backpack? New or used books? Do I rent or buy? So much stress, and class hasn't even started yet!

Unlike the rest of the people mocking you (who are probably ugly anyways), I think a standard daily regimen is important. I think getting into a standard mode in the morning helps me launch into the day. Anyways, my contribution to the thread: --LinkRemoved--

If you can do 1000 crunches, I envy your abs.

Edit: I think you're using too many "reductive" products on your face - daily scrub, cleanser (x2). You'll thin away your skin.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 am

To the poster, 178.

To the people who don't get the allusion, 124. Sorry.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 am

Something tells me you'd be really interested in the field of murder and executions, er.. mergers and acquisitions.

mr.ford

Postby mr.ford » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 am

Outstanding.

creamedcats

Postby creamedcats » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 am

Be sure to carry a chainsaw and practice throwing it in case rival students attempt to flee down ridiculously long staircases.

YSS

Postby YSS » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 am

LOL

I just watched the movie too...

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:58 am

Now, as a rising 2L, this is how I generally feel about life . . .

[T]here is an idea of a Big Shrimpin, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me . . . [And although] you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there . . . [M]y pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone . . . .

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 am

jay115 wrote:Unlike the rest of the people mocking you (who are probably ugly anyways), I think a standard daily regimen is important. I think getting into a standard mode in the morning helps me launch into the day. Anyways, my contribution to the thread: --LinkRemoved--

If you can do 1000 crunches, I envy your abs.

Edit: I think you're using too many "reductive" products on your face - daily scrub, cleanser (x2). You'll thin away your skin.

Sarcasm mega-fail.

pattymac

Postby pattymac » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 pm

The Patty Winters show this morning was about people who start fake threads on message boards.

hahahah in all seriousness, I thought this was a serious thread and had the whole PB quote ready to paste lol.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm

--ImageRemoved--

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I lol'd when I got to the american psycho bit, nice work.

Here's to you

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”