Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby im_blue » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Duke has decided to play the ED game to lock in October and December LSAT takers.
Round 1: apply by 11/5, complete by 11/17, decision by 12/31
Round 2: apply by 1/7, complete by 1/14, decision by 1/31

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:47 pm

im_blue wrote:Duke has decided to play the ED game to lock in October and December LSAT takers.
Round 1: apply by 11/5, complete by 11/17, decision by 12/31
Round 2: apply by 1/7, complete by 1/14, decision by 1/31


Interesting. I like how Duke rolls. This plus priority track. They're at the cutting edge of admissions :P.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby Hannibal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 am

Maybe medians are dropping and they want to get people locked in at sticker to increase ratings?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby Knock » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 am

Hannibal wrote:Maybe medians are dropping and they want to get people locked in at sticker to increase ratings?


I really hope the peak of applications has passed and we are on the downturns. That would be great news for us applying in for Fall 2011. I kind of doubt it though.

wildcathighfive
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby wildcathighfive » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 am

so, do we think that waiting til january to apply ED in case another ED attempt doesn't work out is a better choice than applying early in the game but RD?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 am

wildcathighfive wrote:so, do we think that waiting til january to apply ED in case another ED attempt doesn't work out is a better choice than applying early in the game but RD?


Switch your app to ED if the other ED doesn't go through.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:48 am

Also this makes possible the quadruple dip ED. UVA -> NU-> Duke -> Georgetown

wildcathighfive
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby wildcathighfive » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

actually, NU doesn't allow you to apply ED if you've applied ED anywhere else, even if you already have a decision, and they also say you aren't allowed to apply anywhere else ED after you've gotten a decision from them.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

wildcathighfive wrote:actually, NU doesn't allow you to apply ED if you've applied ED anywhere else, even if you already have a decision, and they also say you aren't allowed to apply anywhere else ED after you've gotten a decision from them.


Okay new Quad Dip

UVA -> Penn/Michigan -> Duke -> Georgetown

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

Desert Fox wrote:
wildcathighfive wrote:actually, NU doesn't allow you to apply ED if you've applied ED anywhere else, even if you already have a decision, and they also say you aren't allowed to apply anywhere else ED after you've gotten a decision from them.


Okay new Quad Dip

UVA -> Penn/Michigan -> Duke -> Georgetown

Lol at DF not knowing his own school's ED policy

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby Bosque » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Hannibal wrote:Maybe medians are dropping and they want to get people locked in at sticker to increase ratings?


Seeing as how medians went up last year and the year before that, I think it is more the new admissions folks getting affirmation that what they are doing is working, so they are pushing for more.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 pm

I had no clue this was a new policy.. PT plus 2 ED rounds should get them a nice yield.

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby peeker82 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 pm

They actually have 3 ED rounds if you count the one they just had in early july for waitlisters on the 2010 cycle who were given the option to convert their apps to an ED for the 2011 cycle and got their decisions right away. I'm one of them, got in, it seems they only accepted a handful of us tho. i think there are 4 here on TLS.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

peeker82 wrote:They actually have 3 ED rounds if you count the one they just had in early july for waitlisters on the 2010 cycle who were given the option to convert their apps to an ED for the 2011 cycle and got their decisions right away. I'm one of them, got in, it seems they only accepted a handful of us tho. i think there are 4 here on TLS.


Congrats man.

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Duke has 2 ED rounds for 2011

Postby peeker82 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 pm

thanks! super pumped... good luck to all of you on this year's cycle!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alora, mudiverse, TakeItToTrial and 6 guests