Letter from Dean Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Deuce

Silver

Letter from Dean

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:19 pm

As a sophomore I received a "written reprimand" from my UG for a minor alcohol-related incident. Of course I will be disclosing t his, but how do I go about doing this? Since I will be reporting this to every LS I apply to, do I need to have one forwarded to each school or just to LSAC? Do I receive the letter myself and send it to LSAC? I'm pretty confused here...

dabbadon8

Silver

Re: Letter from Dean

Post by dabbadon8 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Ildeuce wrote:As a sophomore I received a "written reprimand" from my UG for a minor alcohol-related incident. Of course I will be disclosing t his, but how do I go about doing this? Since I will be reporting this to every LS I apply to, do I need to have one forwarded to each school or just to LSAC? Do I receive the letter myself and send it to LSAC? I'm pretty confused here...
Talked to Duke about this same thing yesterday and they said to send it directly to them.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:42 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:As a sophomore I received a "written reprimand" from my UG for a minor alcohol-related incident. Of course I will be disclosing t his, but how do I go about doing this? Since I will be reporting this to every LS I apply to, do I need to have one forwarded to each school or just to LSAC? Do I receive the letter myself and send it to LSAC? I'm pretty confused here...
Talked to Duke about this same thing yesterday and they said to send it directly to them.
So I will need my UG to forward it to the 10 or so schools I'll be applying to? Also, I don't remember the exact month and day, can I request a copy of the report from my UG?
Last edited by Deuce on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Ildeuce wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
So I will need my UF to forward it to the 10 or so schools I'll be applying to? Also, I don't remember the exact month and day, can I request a copy of the report from my UG?
If my understanding is correct, you will need to send it to each one.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Just printed out 20 to fill out and send to each school. This is going to be more tedious and stressful than receiving the reprimand itself :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:29 pm

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:08 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:Just printed out 20 to fill out and send to each school. This is going to be more tedious and stressful than receiving the reprimand itself :lol:
This. I don't expect my warning to really affect my cycle, but the paperwork is a nightmare.
What do you guys mean by print them up? I was under the impression, that it was a letter summarizing your record that is sent directly to the schools.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:Just printed out 20 to fill out and send to each school. This is going to be more tedious and stressful than receiving the reprimand itself :lol:
This. I don't expect my warning to really affect my cycle, but the paperwork is a nightmare.
What do you guys mean by print them up? I was under the impression, that it was a letter summarizing your record that is sent directly to the schools.
For my school, I will need to provide a stamped envelope addressed to each school in addition to printing out a "record request form" in which I authorize my UG to send my conduct record directly to each school I provide an envelope for. Should be fun filling them all out.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm

1 more question regarding this: my school takes ~2 weeks to send the conduct report to law schools. Do I need to wait before I finish applying to the LS before sending it? For example, would it be weird if I had my UG start sending them Aug. 20th, meaning they might arrive even before my app. is complete?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”