Are you all set to hit the apply button on Sep 1st?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Deuce

Re: Are you all set to hit the apply button on Sep 1st?

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 pm

blink wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:The only thing that might stop me from having everything completely done on sep 1st is getting the deans letter I need cause of a unfortunate dorm alcohol citation. It sucks when stuff comes back to bite you in the ass.

Ildeuce wrote:and whether my school sends off the Dean's Certificates in time (ehh....)

Not to derail this thread, but this has me panicked. I was "written up" several times by my RA in the first year but there was never any action taken with the law or university. I had to write my RA a paper about what I had learned and meet with the Hall Director a couple times. Nothing serious, but is it on my record? How do I know if I need a Dean's certificate?

Get a dean's certificate for yourself, see what's on it.

blink

Postby blink » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Ildeuce wrote:
blink wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:The only thing that might stop me from having everything completely done on sep 1st is getting the deans letter I need cause of a unfortunate dorm alcohol citation. It sucks when stuff comes back to bite you in the ass.

Ildeuce wrote:and whether my school sends off the Dean's Certificates in time (ehh....)

Not to derail this thread, but this has me panicked. I was "written up" several times by my RA in the first year but there was never any action taken with the law or university. I had to write my RA a paper about what I had learned and meet with the Hall Director a couple times. Nothing serious, but is it on my record? How do I know if I need a Dean's certificate?

Get a dean's certificate for yourself, see what's on it.

How do I do that? Big university = very inaccessable.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I go to a very big university. There are forms, usually online. Fill out, hand in to the dean's office, wait 2 weeks.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:43 pm

No, to the original question. I asked my recommenders to please have everything submitted by mid-October, and the 15th (of Oct.) is my goal. If my LORs all happened to be turned in before then, I'll apply earlier, but I still have not finished my PS and I figure that that's early enough that I don't need to stress.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm

I am hoping too...but I'm done with my PS, transcripts, need one more LOR to be sent in (hoping for the best...) and then the only thing I have left are my supplemental essays....those are taking awhile....(all the why essays plus the tailoring...while studying for the lsat.)

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Everything is complete except for the dean certification for the schools that need it. I have all the apps. that are available done. Tomorrow I should have the dean certification process rolling and then it will just be a wait till I can click submit. Feels good to be approaching the finish line.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”