ED: Can you Withdraw before decision is made?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trudat15

ED: Can you Withdraw before decision is made?

Postby trudat15 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 am

Just a quick question. I'm sure it's been covered before, but couldnt find it in the search.
I plan to ED to a realistic reach to make wise use of my ED, but also to apply to some longshot reaches early on in the cycle. If, by some act of God, I were to get into a longshot before I heard back about the ED, am I able to withdraw the ED app?

Also - If I get put on the Waitlist off an ED app, am I still binding to their school, or at this point is my app considered a RD app and I am free to choose a school as I so please?

Thanks for the help.

gymboree

Re: ED: Can you Withdraw before decision is made?

Postby gymboree » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:51 am

It is my understanding that you can withdraw before they make a decision. It is their offer which makes it binding.

Once you are rolled into regular decision, put on hold, or put on the waitlist you have been released from the ED track, they have not offered therefore you cannot be bound to them.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:08 am

Not sure about the withdrawal (I would tend to think that you would still be bound by it).

If you get WL'ed, you are no longer bound.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Thanks guys. Makes a little more sense now. Now I have to figure out a good strategy for timing on apps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”