Available Apps on LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Knock

Platinum

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Post by Knock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Tiva wrote: Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.
UCLA: What the fuck were they thinking?
Seriously. Making me think about not even bothering.
dont do it...thats what they want you to do....
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...

Gold

Post by 094320 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...
I have no idea what my parents' net worth is and I don't think they'd be willing to give me the answers.
Same. I don't feel like that's an appropriate question. If they're interested in that information for helping disadvantage student purposes (which I definitely respect), they should just state a willingness to accept any additional statements regarding socioeconomic status.

My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Knockglock wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

I have no idea what my parents' net worth is and I don't think they'd be willing to give me the answers.
Same. I don't feel like that's an appropriate question. If they're interested in that information for helping disadvantage student purposes (which I definitely respect), they should just state a willingness to accept any additional statements regarding socioeconomic status.

My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.
Yep (looks at Columbia with their parents place of birth shenanigans).

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Knockglock wrote: My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.
I think Columbia asks this too.... So annoying. My parents had the same response.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 pm

kazu wrote:
Knockglock wrote: My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.
I think Columbia asks this too.... So annoying. My parents had the same response.
I just stalked my parents on facebook. I guess that's the only benefit I've had from being friends with them there x____x;;

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

WUSTL lied. Their app is up. Scumbags.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm

I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?
Yes they do. It is stated on their website.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hannibal wrote:I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

What'd you put for the top of WUSTL's academic year, Fall 2011? Also did you list the "optional" other schools you're applying to?

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Ildeuce wrote:

What'd you put for the top of WUSTL's academic year, Fall 2011? Also did you list the "optional" other schools you're applying to?
Fall 2011 and I only listed 6 schools (all they left space for). Half of what i listed were schools in the midwest. just to show that i'm committed to moving out there.

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Is anybody else having trouble uploading documents on LSAC's website today? I did 2 apps earlier today and then, all of a sudden, it stopped letting me upload.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 am

nematoad wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:

Fall 2011 and I only listed 6 schools (all they left space for). Half of what i listed were schools in the midwest. just to show that i'm committed to moving out there.
Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 am

xqhp82 wrote: Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.
They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

kazu wrote:
xqhp82 wrote: Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.
They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.
alright, just put down a few around the same level.

btw Georgetown app is up and I filled it in within 5 mins. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY.

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 am

Arizona State is up today. They are all kinds of excited about the residency part of that app. Way more in depth than any other app I looked at.

mcdonrb

New

Post by mcdonrb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 am

Burgstaller04 wrote:Arizona State is up today. They are all kinds of excited about the residency part of that app. Way more in depth than any other app I looked at.
I loved the part that asked if you had left the state within the last year. I felt like I was applying for a Green Card.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:56 am

xqhp82 wrote:
kazu wrote:

btw Georgetown app is up and I filled it in within 5 mins. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY.
Hmm... I tried to save it and it stating that my Birth Date is not filled in, but it most certainly is. Anyone else having this issue?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 am

Tiva wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:
kazu wrote:

Hmm... I tried to save it and it stating that my Birth Date is not filled in, but it most certainly is. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah I'm just putting spaces in, and someone on another thread just put n/a in there. It's kind of annoying :/

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm working on UCLA's app as well. But I noticed that all the parental information is optional. It just says if you believe you've overcome a significant socioeconomic disadvantage then fill out all the information below. So you can just leave it all blank.

mcdonrb

New

Post by mcdonrb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:55 am

mcdonrb wrote:Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?
I have the same question for BC...

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Knockglock wrote:

Where did I live while attending high school.... I dunno, my PS is all about how I moved almost every month. Could not tell you one address.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

mcdonrb wrote:Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?
Thought it opened on sept 15, but like you, am still waiting.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

BC is up!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”