Available Apps on LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Tiva wrote:Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.


UCLA: What the fuck were they thinking?


Seriously. Making me think about not even bothering.

dont do it...thats what they want you to do....


WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Knockglock wrote:
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...


I have no idea what my parents' net worth is and I don't think they'd be willing to give me the answers.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...


I have no idea what my parents' net worth is and I don't think they'd be willing to give me the answers.


Same. I don't feel like that's an appropriate question. If they're interested in that information for helping disadvantage student purposes (which I definitely respect), they should just state a willingness to accept any additional statements regarding socioeconomic status.

My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby cigrainger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Knockglock wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...


I have no idea what my parents' net worth is and I don't think they'd be willing to give me the answers.


Same. I don't feel like that's an appropriate question. If they're interested in that information for helping disadvantage student purposes (which I definitely respect), they should just state a willingness to accept any additional statements regarding socioeconomic status.

My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.


Yep (looks at Columbia with their parents place of birth shenanigans).

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Knockglock wrote:My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.


I think Columbia asks this too.... So annoying. My parents had the same response.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby 4102011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 pm

kazu wrote:
Knockglock wrote:My parents were perplexed when I asked them stuff like what year they graduated. They were like, why does that matter at all.


I think Columbia asks this too.... So annoying. My parents had the same response.


I just stalked my parents on facebook. I guess that's the only benefit I've had from being friends with them there x____x;;

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby nematoad » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

WUSTL lied. Their app is up. Scumbags.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Hannibal » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm

I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?


Yes they do. It is stated on their website.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Deuce » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hannibal wrote:I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?


What'd you put for the top of WUSTL's academic year, Fall 2011? Also did you list the "optional" other schools you're applying to?

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby nematoad » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Ildeuce wrote:
Hannibal wrote:I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?


What'd you put for the top of WUSTL's academic year, Fall 2011? Also did you list the "optional" other schools you're applying to?


Fall 2011 and I only listed 6 schools (all they left space for). Half of what i listed were schools in the midwest. just to show that i'm committed to moving out there.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby cartercl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Is anybody else having trouble uploading documents on LSAC's website today? I did 2 apps earlier today and then, all of a sudden, it stopped letting me upload.

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby xqhp82 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 am

nematoad wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:
Hannibal wrote:I love the WUSTL app. Painless.

Does anyone know if those NYU scholarship interviews require you to be there in person?


What'd you put for the top of WUSTL's academic year, Fall 2011? Also did you list the "optional" other schools you're applying to?


Fall 2011 and I only listed 6 schools (all they left space for). Half of what i listed were schools in the midwest. just to show that i'm committed to moving out there.

Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kazu » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 am

xqhp82 wrote:Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.


They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby xqhp82 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

kazu wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.


They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.


alright, just put down a few around the same level.

btw Georgetown app is up and I filled it in within 5 mins. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 am

Arizona State is up today. They are all kinds of excited about the residency part of that app. Way more in depth than any other app I looked at.

mcdonrb
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby mcdonrb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 am

Burgstaller04 wrote:Arizona State is up today. They are all kinds of excited about the residency part of that app. Way more in depth than any other app I looked at.


I loved the part that asked if you had left the state within the last year. I felt like I was applying for a Green Card.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:56 am

xqhp82 wrote:
kazu wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.


They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.


alright, just put down a few around the same level.

btw Georgetown app is up and I filled it in within 5 mins. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY.


Hmm... I tried to save it and it stating that my Birth Date is not filled in, but it most certainly is. Anyone else having this issue?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby 4102011 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 am

Tiva wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:
kazu wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:Does it look bad if I leave it blank? There are too many other schools I'm applying to and filling in less than 6 of them seem deceptive.


They don't ask for an all-inclusive list, I think most applicants just put in schools around the same level / same region. Don't worry about it too much.


alright, just put down a few around the same level.

btw Georgetown app is up and I filled it in within 5 mins. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY.


Hmm... I tried to save it and it stating that my Birth Date is not filled in, but it most certainly is. Anyone else having this issue?


Yeah I'm just putting spaces in, and someone on another thread just put n/a in there. It's kind of annoying :/

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm working on UCLA's app as well. But I noticed that all the parental information is optional. It just says if you believe you've overcome a significant socioeconomic disadvantage then fill out all the information below. So you can just leave it all blank.

mcdonrb
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby mcdonrb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:55 am

mcdonrb wrote:Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?


I have the same question for BC...

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Knockglock wrote:
WOW! Just looked at UCLA's application. As someone who would definitely like attending there, i'm questioning whether it's even worth filling out that ridiculous application.

I'm kind of offended by asking about our parents net worth. Wtf. I think i'll just put not available or something...


Where did I live while attending high school.... I dunno, my PS is all about how I moved almost every month. Could not tell you one address.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby OklahomasOK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

mcdonrb wrote:Anybody know when UC Davis is planning on putting theirs up? Should we assume if it's not up by now that it will be by October 1?


Thought it opened on sept 15, but like you, am still waiting.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

BC is up!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest