Available Apps on LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:12 am

hemm wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Schools that don't require recommendations scare me...


Why? I wish all schools didn't require recommendations.


+1. I'm not doing the Stanford targeted recs or any LSAC evaluations, either.


I think I'm going to see if my second LOR writer will write me a targeted stanford specific letter just because stanford is rumored to like them alot. Other than that no school specific anything.

And definitely no evaluations.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kazu » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 am

Knockglock wrote:
hemm wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Schools that don't require recommendations scare me...


Why? I wish all schools didn't require recommendations.


+1. I'm not doing the Stanford targeted recs or any LSAC evaluations, either.


I think I'm going to see if my second LOR writer will write me a targeted stanford specific letter just because stanford is rumored to like them alot. Other than that no school specific anything.

And definitely no evaluations.


I'm debating whether to do this or not... problem is none of my LOR writers have any relation to Stanford whatsoever, or know much about the school. Do you think a targeted LOR would still be effective though?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:25 am

Same thing here. I'm skeptical as to how much it helps, but if it's not a hassle for my writer I'll see if he could write me one. If it's a hassle or he's busy I'll just tell him not to worry about it. I think it would pretty much be the same letter with maybe a paragraph changed.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 am

I don't care enough about any particular law school to get targeted recs. Law school is a means and not an end for me, so I'm not picky :D

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby hemm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

Berkeley just went live!

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby cigrainger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Gtown is 'Coming soon', Sept 15.

User avatar
MY2010
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby MY2010 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 am

cigrainger wrote:Gtown is 'Coming soon', Sept 15.


Harvard is up Sept 15 as well.
Anyone know when Yale is up exactly?
Can't seem to find the info anywhere :(

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 pm

USC opens sept 7, UNC opens sept 13, Gtown - Sept 15

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby justadude55 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm

any of you guys have an idea of how long it generally takes a law school to make a call (if not wl)?

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby beachbum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:11 pm

USC is up, though you can't submit until October 1.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 pm

The stanford app....do they have to submit formc if its not a targeted letter? j/w

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:The stanford app....do they have to submit formc if its not a targeted letter? j/w


Nope, taken from the Stanford website.
If you choose to submit general letters of recommendation, the Statement of Instructor (Form C) is not required.

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby hemm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 am

Harvard is up.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:37 am

hemm wrote:Harvard is up.

:shock: :shock: :shock: *starts hyperventilating*

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby hemm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 am

kazu wrote:
hemm wrote:Harvard is up.

:shock: :shock: :shock: *starts hyperventilating*


Me too. At least the app looks pretty standard. Can't submit until the 15th anyway.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 am

hemm wrote:Me too. At least the app looks pretty standard. Can't submit until the 15th anyway.

I know.. but still... it's scary :shock: App is pretty standard though, whew.

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby hemm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 am

Yeah it is scary to actually have it happening!

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby zworykin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

kazu wrote:
hemm wrote:Me too. At least the app looks pretty standard. Can't submit until the 15th anyway.

I know.. but still... it's scary :shock: App is pretty standard though, whew.


I think it's actually probably the simplest app I've seen so far, and I've filled out all the available T14s...

Watch Yale only provide their app in Latin this year, or something. If they ever put it up at all...

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

zworykin wrote:
kazu wrote:
hemm wrote:Me too. At least the app looks pretty standard. Can't submit until the 15th anyway.

I know.. but still... it's scary :shock: App is pretty standard though, whew.


I think it's actually probably the simplest app I've seen so far, and I've filled out all the available T14s...

Watch Yale only provide their app in Latin this year, or something. If they ever put it up at all...


Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby forward » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Texas has a shockingly simple application, as well. No activity/employment areas - just send a resume. I wish they all did it like this!

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Tiva wrote:Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.


UCLA: What the fuck were they thinking?

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Tiva wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:The stanford app....do they have to submit formc if its not a targeted letter? j/w


Nope, taken from the Stanford website.
If you choose to submit general letters of recommendation, the Statement of Instructor (Form C) is not required.

yay...

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby kk19131 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Washington University in St. Louis is randomly available.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby cigrainger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

bk1 wrote:
Tiva wrote:Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.


UCLA: What the fuck were they thinking?


Seriously. Making me think about not even bothering.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:25 pm

cigrainger wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Tiva wrote:Virginia's simplicity > All

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got apps like Vandy and UCLA.


UCLA: What the fuck were they thinking?


Seriously. Making me think about not even bothering.

dont do it...thats what they want you to do....




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, Lexaholik, qiranger and 12 guests