Available Apps on LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bk1

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this since its a dumb question, so I'll try in here since its about apps.

What counts as previously "enrolled" at a law school? Seat deposit/deferral? Or actually attending a class?

Thanks if anyone knows.

Pretty sure it is attending class. I don't think seat deposits count. Deferrals don't count but some applications specifically ask if you are being deferred.

MiamiUG

Postby MiamiUG » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 pm

acrossthelake wrote:The old apps for several schools have been cleared....tag...

TAG

gokickrocks

Postby gokickrocks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 am

crossingforHYS wrote:
gokickrocks wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:usd is up if anyone is interested....

Finally, a school in Cali!

are you applying in Cali..? I am!

I definitely am! I would love to stay in state.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am

Hey, just wanted to remind you guys to look over everything on your applications - the Common Form copied over my middle name on an app that asks for middle initial, and while I know that probably isn't a huge deal, you don't want to look like you can't follow directions, AND more important info could be incorrect.

:D The more you know!

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 am

Some dumb/random questions I have...

My apps. pre-fill in things like XXXYYYZZZ UNIVERSITY (5555) in the field, making it too large to fit... should I edit it to Xyz University and delete the number? Also for degree do you just put BA or write out Bachelor of Arts? I know it all sounds really dumb but small stuff like this is gettin to me...

Calla Lily

Postby Calla Lily » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 pm

I deleted it and re-wrote the information in. They are just taking that information directly from the transcript, so the format is weird for the actual application. I just wrote B.S. because I don't think Bachelor of Science fit with the date next to it in one of the boxes.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Ah, nice. So no (5555) after the school name?

slax

Postby slax » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:11 pm

eskimo wrote:Hey, just wanted to remind you guys to look over everything on your applications - the Common Form copied over my middle name on an app that asks for middle initial, and while I know that probably isn't a huge deal, you don't want to look like you can't follow directions, AND more important info could be incorrect.

+1 It keeps flip flopping my parents in weird ways. Dad's name under mother. Or mom's job under dad's name.

Of the available apps, does anyone know which can be submitted now? I think that'd be an interesting list to maintain as well.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

slax wrote:
eskimo wrote:Hey, just wanted to remind you guys to look over everything on your applications - the Common Form copied over my middle name on an app that asks for middle initial, and while I know that probably isn't a huge deal, you don't want to look like you can't follow directions, AND more important info could be incorrect.

+1 It keeps flip flopping my parents in weird ways. Dad's name under mother. Or mom's job under dad's name.

Of the available apps, does anyone know which can be submitted now? I think that'd be an interesting list to maintain as well.

Ditto. All of mine require waiting until Sept 1st.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

cornell is up

Rik Smits

Postby Rik Smits » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:cornell is up

Haha, beat me by six minutes.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Random question:

On Duke's App, when I try to list my major it doesn't fit(sort of goes down to the next line, but doesn't really fit, so there's like a line going through it). What to do?

Calla Lily

Postby Calla Lily » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Ildeuce wrote:Ah, nice. So no (5555) after the school name?

I took out the numbers. They have the institution code on the transcript and they haven't asked for it on the applications I have filled out. I doubt they would care if you left it in, though.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 pm

acrossthelake wrote:Random question:

On Duke's App, when I try to list my major it doesn't fit(sort of goes down to the next line, but doesn't really fit, so there's like a line going through it). What to do?

This happened on a few apps to me, I abbreviated my major. They'll be able to read on other parts of your application, so it shouldn't be an issue. (Wasn't for me)

slax

Postby slax » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
slax wrote:

Ditto. All of mine require waiting until Sept 1st.

I filled out Columbia first, which has the applicant specify the relationship. I think that's what confused the system. I'll probably check out my common form to see what's up.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Check appreqs.com. Many schools accept applications starting on September 1, but the site will give you a better idea.

If you try to submit most of the apps that are up now, you'll get an error telling you to come back in a couple weeks.

mcnabb5

Postby mcnabb5 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

What's the general consensus- are any of you physically mailing your apps or just submitting them electronically and mailing a check?

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:15 pm

mcnabb5 wrote:What's the general consensus- are any of you physically mailing your apps or just submitting them electronically and mailing a check?

I was under the impression you could pay online when you submit it electronically, which is what I planned on doing...

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 pm

mcnabb5 wrote:What's the general consensus- are any of you physically mailing your apps or just submitting them electronically and mailing a check?

I can not think of anything worse than filling out 10-15 apps by hand that putting them in letters w/ stamps. You should just submit them online and pay with a credit/debit card.

Don't torture yourself man.

kazu

Postby kazu » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:

I can not think of anything worse than filling out 10-15 apps by hand that putting them in letters w/ stamps. You should just submit them online and pay with a credit/debit card.

Don't torture yourself man.

Plus a lot of law school admissions seem to prefer electronic apps to physical ones... I think some of them don't even accept physical ones. Or if they do, the fee is more like $100~$110 than $70~80.

Kurt Cobain

Postby Kurt Cobain » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 am

California Western School of Law is available.

LAWLAW09

Postby LAWLAW09 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 pm

very helpful. thanks.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey guys maybe I'm an idiot, but how this entire fee waiver process work? Do schools just offer them automatically? I'm assuming that I apply through LSAC but I'm not exactly sure how and if I have to do it for every app I put out. How many schools are you all applying to BTW.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Hey guys maybe I'm an idiot, but how this entire fee waiver process work? Do schools just offer them automatically? I'm assuming that I apply through LSAC but I'm not exactly sure how and if I have to do it for every app I put out. How many schools are you all applying to BTW.

Need based fee waiver you usually just have to get one from LSAC and all schools will honor that.

Merit based fee waiver comes automatically in some cases, but you can also send a short email with your information asking for a fee waiver.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Hey guys maybe I'm an idiot, but how this entire fee waiver process work? Do schools just offer them automatically? I'm assuming that I apply through LSAC but I'm not exactly sure how and if I have to do it for every app I put out. How many schools are you all applying to BTW.

There are a ton of fee waiver threads for you to look at/ post this in (its prob already answered).
I'm applying to 25 schools, give or take.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”