Available Apps on LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kk19131

Silver

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Post by kk19131 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am

crossingforHYS wrote:how many have you guys sumbited to?

My last count was 14...

Shasha Dew Dew

New

Yale Apps.... Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Post by Shasha Dew Dew » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Shasha Dew Dew on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:21 pm

The 4 Dean's Certification letters that I have to get sent out :)

Shasha Dew Dew

New

Post by Shasha Dew Dew » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Shasha Dew Dew on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Shasha Dew Dew wrote:Ok......it is a joke...right?
I just read their online JD brochure, no mention of 1 or even 4 (wink) dean certificates!!

so much stress....hard to decipher jokes any more!

Based on what I read, it is a standard application with nothing 'new'.
They now require a dean's certificate. (I'm not applying there but I highly doubt it's 4. They would all say the same thing).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:54 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Shasha Dew Dew wrote:Ok......it is a joke...right?
I just read their online JD brochure, no mention of 1 or even 4 (wink) dean certificates!!

so much stress....hard to decipher jokes any more!

Based on what I read, it is a standard application with nothing 'new'.
They now require a dean's certificate. (I'm not applying there but I highly doubt it's 4. They would all say the same thing).
They require a dean's certification from each and every school that you attended as a degree-seeking student. So, the pottery class you took at a community college in the summer, no. The dual-enrollment classes you took in high school, no. But every school you enrolled in to actively pursue a degree, even if it wasn't the school that ended up granting you a degree, yes.

For r6_philly, that's 4 schools apparently. For me, it'll only be 1.

And no, the application and materials don't list the requirement. However, if you open the application on LSAC and click on the Application Instructions button, here's what you'll see:
Yale's Application Instructions wrote:DEAN'S CERTIFICATION
Yale Law School requires a dean's certification form from each college or university degree program in which an applicant is, or has been, enrolled, regardless of whether a degree was awarded. The certification form is located under supplemental forms.

Please print a form for each degree program, complete and sign the top section of the form, and give it to the current dean of students (or a comparable administrative official with access to the school's official records) at each degree program in which you have been enrolled. Forms should be submitted by each school directly to the Yale Law School Admissions Office.

This form needs to be completed for colleges or universities at which you were enrolled in a degree program. Some examples for which a certification form would be required:

* Any and all undergraduate or graduate degree programs in which you have been, or currently are, enrolled.
* Degree programs you started, but from which you withdrew.
* Intermediate degree programs en route to a bachelor's or doctoral degree (associate's degrees, master's degrees).
* Schools from which you transferred while working on a degree.

You will not be required to submit a dean's certification for:

* Semester- or year-long study abroad programs in which you participated while enrolled in another degree program.
* Schools at which you took non-degree courses during summers or in high school, even if credit for such courses is included on the transcript of your degree-granting school.
* Schools at which you were auditing courses or not enrolled in a degree program.

Your application will not be considered complete and ready for review until all certification forms are received in the Admissions Office.

If you are unsure if you need a certification form for a school which you attended, please contact the Admissions Office at admissions.law@yale.edu or 203.432.4995.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

LSpleaseee wrote: They now require a dean's certificate. (I'm not applying there but I highly doubt it's 4. They would all say the same thing).
3 UG institutions + Grad = 4. I asked, they answered.

As for pottery class, the explanation is: if you were enrolled at your CC as a degree student as you are not a "non-degree" student, you need to send one. I think pretty much if you were assigned a major, you need to send one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”