Available Apps on LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GettingReady2010

Bronze

Re: Available Apps on LSAC

Post by GettingReady2010 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 pm

mpasi wrote:Five days until the cycle starts for me.
And at least three months until a decision is rendered. :x

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 am

GettingReady2010 wrote:
beachbum wrote:Another dumb question: there's no way that adding a school to your official school list and/or beginning an app will have any effect on fee waivers, right? That is, there's no way a school can see that you've started their app or added them to your list? I'm 99% sure they can't get this information, but I'm paranoid when it comes to fee waivers.
I wondered this too, but I think they can't.
Considering how primitive the LSAC website can be, I highly doubt they can see anything more than applications submitted for review. Now, if you send them your app as soon as they start accepting them but you're still waiting on something else (LORs, October LSAT etc.) then they'll be able to see it. Maybe they have a view counter on their apps or how many applicant's lists they're on but I even doubt that.

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:50 am

Could anyone make a small list of which schools have spring 2011 admissions. I don't think it would be appropriate to make a separate thread for it but since we know a few schools like Baylor only has their spring app up could some one make a list?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:33 am

merc280 wrote:Could anyone make a small list of which schools have spring 2011 admissions. I don't think it would be appropriate to make a separate thread for it but since we know a few schools like Baylor only has their spring app up could some one make a list?
I'm intrigued by the spring admissions too.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 am

Hey, this is great. I actually had no idea any were up; I still feel like September is eons away. Oh, what's that? JUST A FEW WEEKS?

Shit. Going to work on my Columbia app now!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MY2010

New

Post by MY2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:24 am

hey all,

the duke application says: Fall 2011 - Fall 2011 - Summer 2011 JD
what's the summer 2011 for?

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:22 am

MY2010 wrote:hey all,

I think it is for summer starters. They are generally in the dual degree programs. They start early so as to graduate with their class.

MY2010

New

Post by MY2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 am

LLB2JD wrote:

I think it is for summer starters. They are generally in the dual degree programs. They start early so as to graduate with their class.
ah thanks : )
so this app is for both people who want to start next summer and fall?

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:41 am

MY2010 wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

ah thanks : )
so this app is for both people who want to start next summer and fall?
Yep. At the top of page 2 you make a selection as to which semester/program you are applying to.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goldeneagle

New

Post by goldeneagle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:23 am

tag

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:42 am

Okay, I know this isn't quite the right thread, but I hate making new ones to ask (probably) silly questions.

On the common information form, where it's asking about employment, do I need to list the same job under "Part-time School" AND "Part-time Summer"? I've had the same jobs throughout college, but I keep them year-round...

Sorry if it's obvious and I'm just missing something, I just want to make sure I'm doing them right!

GettingReady2010

Bronze

Post by GettingReady2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 am

eskimo wrote:Okay, I know this isn't quite the right thread, but I hate making new ones to ask (probably) silly questions.

On the common information form, where it's asking about employment, do I need to list the same job under "Part-time School" AND "Part-time Summer"? I've had the same jobs throughout college, but I keep them year-round...

Sorry if it's obvious and I'm just missing something, I just want to make sure I'm doing them right!
I don't even think I'm going to fill out the common information form. Is it even necessary?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 am

GettingReady2010 wrote:
eskimo wrote:Okay, I know this isn't quite the right thread, but I hate making new ones to ask (probably) silly questions.

I don't even think I'm going to fill out the common information form. Is it even necessary?
I don't know; I'm awful with electronic anything, and I have no clue. I just saw it there and assumed it was?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GettingReady2010

Bronze

Post by GettingReady2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 am

eskimo wrote:
GettingReady2010 wrote:

I don't know; I'm awful with electronic anything, and I have no clue. I just saw it there and assumed it was?
Also, I don't think that schools can see this form. I think it's just mainly just there to making filling out applications more convenient. I'm not positive on this, though.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 am

GettingReady2010 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
GettingReady2010 wrote:

Also, I don't think that schools can see this form. I think it's just mainly just there to making filling out applications more convenient. I'm not positive on this, though.
Okay- thanks! I'm not submitting for a little while anyway, so I just won't worry about it for now.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 am

For anyone who is interested:

UChicago is available August 15
Penn is available August 16
UVA is also available August 16

Harvard, NYU, Michigan, Northwestern, Georgetown, and Vandy do not have the dates listed (on LSAC) for when their applications will open.

For Northwestern applicants: You can go ahead and register for an on- or off-campus interview on their website.

For Vandy applicants: You will be able to register for a Vandy interview using Virtual VULS on September 15.

McNulty

Bronze

Post by McNulty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:09 pm

This is a stellar idea.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GettingReady2010

Bronze

Post by GettingReady2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to filling out apps in Aug/Sept. as opposed to the end of Oct./early Nov.?

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm

GettingReady2010 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any benefit to filling out apps in Aug/Sept. as opposed to the end of Oct./early Nov.?

I doubt that there actually is a benefit, although I could be wrong but some schools dont start reviewing until the beginning of Oct anyway.

As a side note, if I apply for spring admission at a school like South Texas College of Law closer towards their final date of Oct 1st and they have to wait until my lsat score comes in doesn't this mean I'd be one of the last people applying thereby getting a lower chance at acceptance?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:57 pm

GettingReady2010 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any benefit to filling out apps in Aug/Sept. as opposed to the end of Oct./early Nov.?
September vs. November, I'd say yes, there might be a benefit. Think about it this way: you want your app on the top of their file when the school has HUNDREDS of places in their new class - for you! Now, obviously November is not late, but the odds are still probably less in your favor, and you want every advantage you can get.

I'm not saying you need to send apps in on Sept. 1, but as early as you possibly can is probably a good idea.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Albany and La Verne are both available

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Ole Miss is avail I know....

Do they usually become available a week or two before they are accepted? or that day?

topgun_iceman

New

Post by topgun_iceman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

UChicago is up

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:17 pm

topgun_iceman wrote:UChicago is up
Ohmygosh.

That's so exciting terrifying. UChicago is far and away my #1 choice... eek!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:23 pm

eskimo wrote:
topgun_iceman wrote:UChicago is up
Ohmygosh.

That's so exciting terrifying. UChicago is far and away my #1 choice... eek!
Same. Can't wait to get rejected!

/reverse jinx

Edit: It looks like you have to decide whether you want to ED before you even start the app. That's kind of messed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”