can i delete/not submit an application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hankypanky

New

can i delete/not submit an application

Post by hankypanky » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:44 pm

so I plan on applying next cycle (not this one coming up), but I think it would be nice to get a feel for the applications during this cycle. Can i start an application for a law school but not submit it, or eventually delete it? Probably a newbie question but do go right ahead and answer!

billyez

Silver

Re: can i delete/not submit an application

Post by billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Well, sure. Just sign up at LSAC and open one up. I'll just let you know though, it's not something you really need to prepare yourself for. They're usually pretty easy to get through.

hankypanky

New

Post by hankypanky » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:48 pm

billyez wrote:Well, sure. Just sign up at LSAC and open one up. I'll just let you know though, it's not something you really need to prepare yourself for. They're usually pretty easy to get through.
but don't the questions and essays change from year to year (albeit only a little?) especially for top 5 schools?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Not really. You know, I'm just going to say that you aren't really going to gain anything from doing this. I didn't know of any application that asked changing questions that you had to answer. The only one that comes to my mind, maybe, is Michigan, but that's because they've got like 7 possible essay questions you can choose to answer.

By essay, I'm supposing you're talking about the Personal Statement. To make it easier on applicants, these are deliberately open-ended from what I've seen. It makes it possible to just write a general one rather than write them several times over.

P.S. I see you made the distinction for the T5 schools in your question - I didn't apply to any of them, so I can't be sure. But I'd be surprised if they were vastly different from the others. Besides yale's, which I hear is rather long.
Last edited by billyez on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hankypanky

New

Post by hankypanky » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 pm

alright, thanks a lot!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:35 pm

billyez wrote:Not really. You know, I'm just going to say that you aren't really going to gain anything from doing this. I didn't know of any application that asked changing questions that you had to answer. The only one that comes to my mind, maybe, is Michigan, but that's because they've got like 7 possible essay questions you can choose to answer.

By essay, I'm supposing you're talking about the Personal Statement. To make it easier on applicants, these are deliberately open-ended from what I've seen. It makes it possible to just write a general one rather than write them several times over.

P.S. I see you made the distinction for the T5 schools in your question - I didn't apply to any of them, so I can't be sure. But I'd be surprised if they were vastly different from the others. Besides yale's, which I hear is rather long.

Are you talking about the Yale 250? Their 250 word essay... :?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm not talking about the 250. I'm talking specifically about the application. I recall folks saying that it was rather long. But in any case, this is not a very helpful exercise. The OP should be dealing with the LSAT, or their GPA, or their PS...

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:56 pm

I know when I applied to Penn last cycle, their (I'd guess easiest) "optional" essay had changed from the previous year. Even still, though, it changed from a "Why Penn" to "Where do you see yourself in five years, and how will Penn help you do that?" So, almost the same anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”