YHS... which are most formulaic in admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iusedtolurk

YHS... which are most formulaic in admissions?

Postby iusedtolurk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Last edited by iusedtolurk on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teoeo

Re: YHS... which are most formulaic in admissions?

Postby Teoeo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 pm

If your numbers aren't "too great" I'd say shoot an app at UMICH and NU not HYS.

Bumi

Re: YHS... which are most formulaic in admissions?

Postby Bumi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Quick check of your history indicates that you have a 3.2/172. On one hand, most TLS responses will tell you to go cure cancer or start a multi-billion dollar company if you want to get into those schools. However, I'm feeling charitable this afternoon, and I understand that you're asking this question in the same spirit as people brushing up on the rules of blackjack prior to hitting Vegas, so let's help you out.

The answer is obvious, for multiple reasons: Harvard. Stanford shares the west coast's hardon for GPA, so you may as well not waste your app fee. Yale, though entirely unpredictable, is unpredictable because they have so many 3.9/178 applications to sift through. Meanwhile, Harvard is triple the size of either. Simple probability is on your side there.

Good luck. However, if you decide not to finance Harvard Law School with your charitable donation, know that sending me the $75 would result in the purchase and happy consumption of some excellent scotch. I am just providing you options.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”