Letter of recommendation ? how it should be written.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
deepakkhasa

Letter of recommendation ? how it should be written.

Postby deepakkhasa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:19 am

i am about to ask my English professor to write me a LOR, i juts want to know that how should it be written, i mean on formal college pad, printout, handwritten , or the law school i m applying to have some special form,

How LSAC confirm that the letter is written by the same person that we are saying it is , does they call or cross check it. please advice

billyez

Re: Letter of recommendation ? how it should be written.

Postby billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm pretty sure that LSAC requires that the recommender signs the LOR - that's how they confirm it. Every LOR I received was typed.

There should just be an FAQ section on their site that has more information regarding this.

esq

Postby esq » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:13 pm

You need to give your recommender the form that the LSAC requires for him or her to include with the recommendation. Go the the LSAC site and input the information about your recommenders and then print out the forms. Give the forms to your recommenders and then sit back, everything that your recommenders need to know is on it.

billyez

Postby billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:17 pm

^Go ahead and sign the LOR form if you do this, as it appears that you won't have the ability to read the letter anyway if you do this.

MD/JD2B

Postby MD/JD2B » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:21 pm

One caveat..if you're getting a letter from a Commonwealth trained person or some Europeans, their use of superlatives is not the same as ours....above average in an upperlevel class to them may translate into an excellent for Americans. I learned this while studying in Englan for 6 months.

katie96

Postby katie96 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 am

tagged for future reference

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”