Can any one suggest best L-school on basis of scholarship Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
deepakkhasa

New

Can any one suggest best L-school on basis of scholarship

Post by deepakkhasa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:14 am

I have a LSAT score of 176 and and a GPA of 2.9, with pretty good work experience, applying to law schools is also very expensive process so i want to know something before applying.

According to you which school can give me most scholarship on basis of my numbers, i don't care if its the ranking school on US news ranking, i just want to know from which law school i can get the the maximum amount of scholarship.

Gold

Re: Can any one suggest best L-school on basis of scholarship

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 am

deepakkhasa wrote:I have a LSAT score of 176 and and a GPA of 2.9, with pretty good work experience, applying to law schools is also very expensive process so i want to know something before applying.

According to you which school can give me most scholarship on basis of my numbers, i don't care if its the ranking school on US news ranking, i just want to know from which law school i can get the the maximum amount of scholarship.
The further down the rankings you are the more money you are likely to get. Go to lawschoolpredictor.com. Money is likely only at Admits and maybe Strong considers.

Jarndyce

Bronze

Post by Jarndyce » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 am

Depending on what state you are in, those numbers would likely snag you a large scholarship at your in-state flagship university/law school. Since you already have ties to the state, why not start there?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:04 am

Splitters often have unpredictable cycles, and scholarships are especially hard to predict. Not sure how much anyone on here will be able to really help, besides blowhard's advice to check LSP (lawschoolnumbers.com is a great resource as well)

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am

Apply to a lot of tier one law schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:52 am

deepakkhasa wrote:I have a LSAT score of 176 and and a GPA of 2.9, with pretty good work experience, applying to law schools is also very expensive process so i want to know something before applying.

focusing on getting into the best school where your chances of getting in are good?
northwestern. have about a little more than a 1/3 chance of getting in. if you apply ED your chances of getting in go up. if you decide money is no issue, go with this option.

want balance between money and job prospects?
Illinois. they accept about 50% of applicants with stats like yours and they seem to give everyone they accept ~20k/yr. this is the best place for you.

just want money?
not sure.....tons lower ranked options however you need to make sure that the school is giving you a scholly without any gpa requirements for renewal in 2L and 3L years. schools in lower tiers are more likey to have have stipulations for the schollies they give you.

publiuspublicola

Bronze

Post by publiuspublicola » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 pm

The 15-25 ranked schools tend to dish out a lot of money, see e.g. Law school numbers on Illinois, Iowa, Vandy, WUSTL, etc. A lot of scholarships -- money per student is one of the ways a lot of these programs stay so highly ranked.

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Just a warning, you might want to apply to more schools then you think necessary. Being a sure thing does not guarantee money. For whatever reason, I was accepted into two "sure" schools, both almost identical in ranking and placement, and one gave me a full scholarship and one gave me absolutely no money. Fortunately the scholarship school was my preferred choice.

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Im in at stetson. A top choice. However I havent gotten any info regarding Scholly yet. Should I contact them or just wait it out. I wont be able to attend without the financial support. Furthermore, when is the best time to talk to the school about scholly offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

schooner

Bronze

Post by schooner » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Last edited by schooner on Sun May 03, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am

schooner wrote:

Don't forget to ask for application fee waivers. Schools often let desirable students (high stats) apply for free.

Whether you'll actually get fee waivers, I don't know. The other law students would have a better sense of whether your stats are good enough. You have an awesome LSAT score though.
Dude this thread is a year old.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

blowhard wrote:

The further down the rankings you are the more money you are likely to get. Go to lawschoolpredictor.com. Money is likely only at Admits and maybe Strong considers.
Untrue. I got money from weak consider and reject.

OP, this is not the only question you should ask. You also want to go to a school where you'll eventually practice (unless it's a T14). Apply widely though, that way you can ponder your options.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”