Increasing GPA during Fall Quarter Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
G.Hughes

New

Increasing GPA during Fall Quarter

Post by G.Hughes » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm entertaining the thought of taking two to three full credit hour courses this upcoming fall (5 credit hours per class at Ohio State University) to boost my GPA up some points before I apply to law schools during December 2010. The courses would be outside my majors but not totally disconnected to them (Economics and Political Science). The likely classes would be public policy concentrated. My GPA, after spring quarter, is 3.489 - down from 3.56 the previous quarters. My father died not too long before this which caused me to move back home and I was having a hard time during that quarter because of it. I've completed undergraduate research and had various financial along with government related internships (Paid undergrad research on the Middle East, UBS Financial Internship, Ohio House of Representatives Internship, Interned for a Congresswoman's campaign, and currently working as a paid staffer with an Ohio House incumbent candidate).

Would taking "extra" classes be viewed negatively by admissions faculty? What are your thoughts about my application?

billyez

Silver

Re: Increasing GPA during Fall Quarter

Post by billyez » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm

No. All they care about is your GPA. Doesn't matter how you got that GPA as long as it's a good GPA.

My condolonces regarding your loss. Since this had an affect of your GPA, it might not be a bad idea to write a short addendum regarding it.

There's not much anyone can say about your application without an LSAT score.

G.Hughes

New

Post by G.Hughes » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I'll be taking the LSAT in October. I'll have a fuller picture of my application then.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”