Resume Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Tanicius

Gold

Resume Question

Post by Tanicius » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Do we want to put on our law school resumes information that won't be seen as particularly impressive as a matter of disclosure, or is the point of the resume just to shine? For example I'm wondering whether I should put on that I worked a service sector job for a few years while in high school, or if that's completely unnecessary. Are one's past work and academic qualifications made sufficiently visible by the profile questions on the schools' applications?

merichard87

Silver

Re: Resume Question

Post by merichard87 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 pm

As a general rule stuff you did in high school is probably not worth mentioning on a law school resume.

The exception to this rule are things like Gates Millenium Scholarships, being an Olympic athlete, massive community service that you continued in college, etc...

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:22 pm

merichard87 wrote:As a general rule stuff you did in high school is probably not worth mentioning on a law school resume.

The exception to this rule are things like Gates Millenium Scholarships, being an Olympic athlete, massive community service that you continued in college, etc...
+1

but don't cut out past work and academic qualifications that put you in a good light even if they are already in other parts of the application

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Dont panic over any of this stuff. Law schools just want to see that youre not a hermit that did absolutely nothing at all during college or before. Include major stuff, like "interned at so and so place" or "worked at mcdonalds etc etc". Include any major academic achievements (deans list, honor roll , etc) and youre set.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”