final semester of ug

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Knock

Re: final semester of ug

Postby Knock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:58 am

billyez wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with you there Knockglock. I don't think it's wise to choose a major just because it's the easiest one. I'd recommend folks choose a major that they are interested in or skilled at - hopefully, both.

Hmmm we could choose to incorporate interest and skill into the definition of "easiest." I think, for the purposes of my future consulting company, we will 8).

There is definitely a spot open for you Billyez in the consulting firm....perhaps we could offer you the job of head personal statement reviewer.

billyez

Postby billyez » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:59 am

I'd take that. :D

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:00 am

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billyez

Postby billyez » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:02 am

You're going to do it before law school, right?

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 am

billyez wrote:You're going to do it before law school, right?

yeah, i can't even imagine doing it after ls. Actually, with private student loans it is practically impossible.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
billyez wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
billyez wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with you there Knockglock. I don't think it's wise to choose a major just because it's the easiest one. I'd recommend folks choose a major that they are interested in or skilled at - hopefully, both.

yeah, if you pick something easy with no real world application and ls doesn't work out, trying to get a job sucks.

That's kind of what I'm getting at. I got my major in something I love that I can spin off into teaching in case I find out I hate law (this won't happen of course, but I like Plan B's in this instance). I'd get significantly less, sure, but I'd love doing it.

lol, i feel like education is a back up plan for many interested in law.

Also, since I have everyone's attention, I'm hoping to do the peace corps (27 month commitment), get my lors now right?

Definitely get a couple of academic letters locked down before you leave. Save the PS until after, you'll be able to write a brilliant one with your new experiences.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”