Final Call: Should I include this addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Should I include this addendum

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Re-write it.
No votes

Total votes: 10

dabbadon8

Final Call: Should I include this addendum

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 pm

I posted this before when I was working on writing it and got a lot of help. I am still on the fence though over whether to include it. It is to explain one F(/E). My other grades are all A's and B's and my LSAC gpa is a 3.49 (I am kicking myself because it brings my gpa down from what could be a 3.62). Do you think I should include this addendum? Thanks.

In the spring of 2009, I erroneously wrote the wrong due-date down for a mid-term and class project. As the class was online, I failed to notice my mistake until it was too late to correct. I deservedly received an "E" for this course in recognition of my failures and learned a valuable lesson in paying attention-to-detail.

bk1

Re: Final Call: Should I include this addendum

Postby bk1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 pm

No.

billyez

Postby billyez » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

No.

I understand that you want to make the reader aware that this was an exception to your standard academic career. The thing is, if the rest of your transcript is really full of A's and B's, that speaks for itself. If you want to keep it, then keep it, but I wouldn't.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
In the spring of 2009, I erroneously wrote the wrong due-date down for a mid-term and class project. As the class was online, I failed to notice my mistake until it was too late to correct. I deservedly received an "E" for this course in recognition of my failures and learned a valuable lesson in paying attention-to-detail.

Don't submit anything about this. If I were reading this as an admissions person, I wouldn't think of your GPA; I would think that you were unorganized. You probably aren't unorganized (these things happen to everyone), but why highlight it? It doesn't help your case.

If, for some reason, you choose to submit this, edit it. "I erroneously wrote the wrong due date" is repetitive (or saying that you wrote the correct date), so cut "erroneously." Cut the hyphens on "due date" and "attention to detail." Completely cut "in recognition of my failures."

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:39 am

dabbadon8 wrote:I posted this before when I was working on writing it and got a lot of help. I am still on the fence though over whether to include it. It is to explain one F(/E). My other grades are all A's and B's and my LSAC gpa is a 3.49 (I am kicking myself because it brings my gpa down from what could be a 3.62). Do you think I should include this addendum? Thanks.

if a school wants to know about the one F, let them ask. don't bring it up on your own

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”