NEW on TLS - YLS interview, Twitter, Decision Date Graphs! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TLS Moderators

NEW on TLS - YLS interview, Twitter, Decision Date Graphs!

Post by TLS Moderators » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Hello, TLS readers! We have lots of exciting new developments on Top-Law-Schools.com to share with you this week.

First, check out our great interview with Dean Asha Rangappa of Yale Law School. It's an honor to have Dean Asha devote some of her time to answering our readers' questions!

We're also proud to finally announce DECISION DATE GRAPHS, an amazing project which provides detailed visualizations of the 2009 admissions decisions made by 30+ law schools.

Also, Twitter users out there can now follow the Top-Law-Schools.com Twitter account (@TLSofficial) for weekly dispatches about the excellent new content which is added to the site several times each week.

Here are some other highlights of great new articles posted over the last few weeks:

The TLS Guide to Choosing a School in the NY Market
Biglaw and Relationships
Dissecting the Rankings: U.S. News and World Report
TLS Guide to LRAP (now featuring 20+ LRAP profiles!)

And finally, don't forget to check in on the Top Law Schools Content Competition, which Ken has now extended to August 28th. $3,000 in prizes are available, and many entrants stand a good chance of winning something, so take a look!

Congrats to the Class of 2013 on a great application cycle and best of luck to the Class of 2014 in the months to come!

bdubs

Gold

Re: NEW on TLS - YLS interview, Twitter, Decision Date Graphs!

Post by bdubs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Anyone still finding the decision date X - axis confusing even after the explanation?

There don't seem to be as many tick marks as their are weeks in the decision cycle. So for instance, most schools don't seem to have any decisions around the holidays (no surprise) but there is no gap between early December and late December/early January.

Is it possible to get the data behind each of these graphs to plot them across a uniform time period?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Change them to bar charts with days or weeks as units.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

They're posted as jpg files, so there is no way to alter them unless TLS provides us with the data points.

(Yes, I could recreate them by hand but that would suck)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:14 pm

The data is gleaned from LSN. I'd do it but I don't have the time. So when I need to make analysis I just go to LSN and search, then import to excel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”