(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iusedtolurk

Postby iusedtolurk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 am

.e.
Last edited by iusedtolurk on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjo

Re: visiting schools during the summer?

Postby pjo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:51 am

I just got back from doing exactly this last week. I visited six schools (chose the region with the most schools I'm applying to -VA/DC). Anyway, make sure you send an email to the admissions office and ask about summer tours and to meet with someone in admissions. At all the schools except one I met with someone in fin aid and the assistant admissions dean. Most ppl on TLS thought it was a waste of time but I'm kind of in the same boat as you (start a new job in a week, didn't want to have to take a ton of time off to look at schools). For me, it helped quite a bit. There were some schools I was really interested in and just got a bad vibe from. Another school I was thinking about EDing to, but after visiting I probably won't go that route. One school I'm not even going to apply to now, and another gave me a fee waiver. Plus I think just building a rapport early with ppl in the admissions office can't be a bad thing. Still, I'm definitely going to have to re-visit most of the schools after"if" I get accepted so I can sit in on a class and talk with professors and what not. It's definitely nto a "bad" thing to visit now though and I think it can only help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”