GPA trend

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iheartkennypowers

GPA trend

Postby iheartkennypowers » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 am

hey all,

I have a question here regarding GPA trends,

so i know that law schools like to see an increasing GPA trend (preferably), but i am wondering about a slightly decreasing trend which still leaves a pretty good GPA.

so i have finished 3 years worth of classes, and therefore i have one year left, and basically at the end of my first year my gpa was about 4.03, and at the end of my third year here it is around 3.88.

i am hoping to do better in my fourth year and hopefully bring it up a bit or at least leave it around where it is at, but at this point in time is this a bad trend?

thanks

Pearalegal

Re: GPA trend

Postby Pearalegal » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:34 am

That isn't really a trend you need to think too much about. You can argue that classes get harder as you go through school, and its not like you went from a 4.0 to a 3.0.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 am

iheartkennypowers wrote:hey all,

I have a question here regarding GPA trends,

so i know that law schools like to see an increasing GPA trend (preferably), but i am wondering about a slightly decreasing trend which still leaves a pretty good GPA.

so i have finished 3 years worth of classes, and therefore i have one year left, and basically at the end of my first year my gpa was about 4.03, and at the end of my third year here it is around 3.88.

i am hoping to do better in my fourth year and hopefully bring it up a bit or at least leave it around where it is at, but at this point in time is this a bad trend?

thanks

if you keep it where it is, it's not going to matter. it's all about your LSAT now.

Rik Smits

Postby Rik Smits » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Very similar to me - had a 4.00 through my first two years, but now I have a 3.89 LSDAS. I don't think it'll matter too much; I mean, I had nowhere else to go but down. Your GPA is still excellent, so don't concern yourself too much with the trend.

vespertiliovir

Postby vespertiliovir » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 pm

Rik Smits wrote:Your GPA is still excellent, so don't concern yourself too much with the trend.

This.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”