T10 (in 2014) vs (T25 in 2013)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billyez

Re: T10 (in 2014) vs (T25 in 2013)

Postby billyez » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 am

vanwinkle wrote:
thecilent wrote:Do not go to law school. If you pay sticker, do you know how much money ls will cost you with that opp cost. I think that is wayyyy too much money. Think thoroughly about this decision

Really awesome job of not reading the thread fully before responding.

To be fair, the conversation regarding the opportunity cost didn't include the OP or a declaration by him or her that they were fine with the diminished income and didn't want that to be part of the conversation. So I'm wondering how reading the thread fully made his comment irrelevant.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:42 am

billyez wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
thecilent wrote:Do not go to law school. If you pay sticker, do you know how much money ls will cost you with that opp cost. I think that is wayyyy too much money. Think thoroughly about this decision

To be fair, the conversation regarding the opportunity cost didn't include the OP or a declaration by him or her that they were fine with the diminished income and didn't want that to be part of the conversation. So I'm wondering how reading the thread fully made his comment irrelevant.

Wow thank you. I actually did read the thread fully. Don't understand what you're talking about VW

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 am

billyez wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Because the sentiment was already expressed and discussed in the thread, and OP never even brought up not going as a possibility. If people just keep jumping in and going "don't go, you make good money" it adds nothing new or helpful and doesn't help OP with what they actually asked for advice on.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:24 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
billyez wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Because the sentiment was already expressed and discussed in the thread, and OP never even brought up not going as a possibility. If people just keep jumping in and going "don't go, you make good money" it adds nothing new or helpful and doesn't help OP with what they actually asked for advice on.

No one before me brought up the fact that law school for this guy could cost close to $500,000. That def warrants some serious consideration for not attending. Esp when he will be 33 at the time of graduation (possibly 34 if he defers).

Edit - to explain that the bolded is my point exactly

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm an oldster weighing in to say that if I were in your shoes I'd definitely defer for the better school. I'd use the extra year to save up money. I know the feeling of wanting to get the schooling part of our lives over with already, but a year is just a blip in time in the long run and your opportunities will be better. If a LS I'm on the waitlist for called and asked me to defer for a year I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Congrats on the offer!!! That's pretty cool.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”