Bent over by LSAC today!!! I NEED YOUR HELP

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Knock

Re: Bent over by LSAC today!!! I NEED YOUR HELP

Postby Knock » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:23 pm

CG614 wrote:
NoGoodDeed wrote:
Great advice - I'm currently taking a class (and scoring around a 155 on P/T) With those numbers and understanding my situation could you recomend 5 reaches and 5 "good bets"?

3.01 and 155, Good Bet: Find another career option. Sorry to be blunt, but you are already behind the eight ball in years. Going to a lower tier school could pay off in the long run for most, but probably a bad call for you.

Caveat: Do you have some good work experience that would be attractive to firms?

Waaaay too early to call it like that. He has plenty of time to bring up his LSAT score. Study hard and raise that LSAT.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Knockglock wrote:
CG614 wrote:
NoGoodDeed wrote:
Great advice - I'm currently taking a class (and scoring around a 155 on P/T) With those numbers and understanding my situation could you recomend 5 reaches and 5 "good bets"?

3.01 and 155, Good Bet: Find another career option. Sorry to be blunt, but you are already behind the eight ball in years. Going to a lower tier school could pay off in the long run for most, but probably a bad call for you.

Caveat: Do you have some good work experience that would be attractive to firms?

Waaaay too early to call it like that. He has plenty of time to bring up his LSAT score. Study hard and raise that LSAT.

Agreed, but OP wanted advice for 155 and 3.01.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

I bet Cooley would accept you.

In all seriousness, though - with your stats unless you end up crushing the LSAT, you'll be looking at regional schools, so find out where you want to practice and focus on the t3 schools in the area. With a 155/3.0, you should be able to be accepted in the vast majority of t3/t4 programs. The more you raise the LSAT, the more money you'll be looking at.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:44 pm

TommyK wrote:I bet Cooley would accept you.

In all seriousness, though - with your stats unless you end up crushing the LSAT, you'll be looking at regional schools, so find out where you want to practice and focus on the t3 schools in the area. With a 155/3.0, you should be able to be accepted in the vast majority of t3/t4 programs. The more you raise the LSAT, the more money you'll be looking at.

Yep, at this point you should be looking for the school that gives you the most money, hopefully you can crush the LSAT and get a full ride.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”