Old LORs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
username99

Old LORs?

Postby username99 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

I applied to school in the 05-06 cycle and am now applying again. I had 3 academic recommendations from that time and can now add some professional ones. Being so far out of school at this point, it would be VERY difficult for me to get new academic recs from those profs. So, as of now I am planning on simply submitting one or two professional recs and then two of my academic ones from 06. The feedback I've heard so far was that this is totally fine, fairly common, and that it won't be a problem.
I'm considering emailing the different schools I'm applying to, but if they say "no" then I'm stuck trying to track down old professors, retired/dead, who may or may not remember me (I went to a big school). What do you think?

flyingpanda

Re: Old LORs?

Postby flyingpanda » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:42 am

username99 wrote:I applied to school in the 05-06 cycle and am now applying again. I had 3 academic recommendations from that time and can now add some professional ones. Being so far out of school at this point, it would be VERY difficult for me to get new academic recs from those profs. So, as of now I am planning on simply submitting one or two professional recs and then two of my academic ones from 06. The feedback I've heard so far was that this is totally fine, fairly common, and that it won't be a problem.
I'm considering emailing the different schools I'm applying to, but if they say "no" then I'm stuck trying to track down old professors, retired/dead, who may or may not remember me (I went to a big school). What do you think?

It's fine and even encouraged. Schools even tell you that if you're planning on taking time off before LS, to lock down some LOR before you start working.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother asking.

username99

Re: Old LORs?

Postby username99 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Thank you! Thrilled to hear!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”