Apply Early - Oct LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JLR

New

Apply Early - Oct LSAT

Post by JLR » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Every law school I have seen suggests applying early. However, I will be taking the LSAT for the first (and hopefully only time) on October 9. I intend to send in as many apps as I can before that date (and before November 1). So, when a law school looks at the date that I applied, will it be keyed to when my app went in or when it was complete(i.e. after receipt of my LSAT score)?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Apply Early - Oct LSAT

Post by Knock » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm pretty sure the date that you go complete is the date that counts. Law schools will hold off reviewing your application until you go complete. Nevertheless, you can still apply nice and early even with an Oct. LSAT. Send in your transcripts now (unless you're in summer school, then wait until you finish that), contact your LOR writers and make arrangements to get their letters sent in by say, Oct. 1st, write your PS and if applicable DS. Do everything you can now, so that your LSAT score is the last thing you are waiting on. In any case, submitting before Halloween is still very early, and before Thanksgiving is still considered nice and early. That's anecdotal evidence, but i've read a good amount about applying early on these boards.

billyez

Silver

Re: Apply Early - Oct LSAT

Post by billyez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:52 pm

It's when you go complete. I concur fully with Knockglock. Also, don't worry about school's rejecting you based on your first score - if the last cycle was any indication, before November the only admission decisions I heard about were admits. Probably folks that schools wanted to get a head start on recruiting.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”