Resume length

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
7ED

Resume length

Postby 7ED » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 am

Hi, im wondering if Harvard/Yale accepts 2 page resumes?

I know Stanford does but the other two don't have that information on their websites and the samples are all one pagers.

Knock

Re: Resume length

Postby Knock » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 am

7ED wrote:Hi, im wondering if Harvard/Yale accepts 2 page resumes?

I know Stanford does but the other two don't have that information on their websites and the samples are all one pagers.

appreqs.com

Looks like Harvard does, no info for Yale. Maybe e-mail their admissions office or read around on their website.

lawls

Postby lawls » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:42 am

Do they accept them? Or should you send a 2 pager? Pretty sure they accept them (I know Yale does, not totally certain for Harvard), though I'd suggest one page is almost always preferable (the only exception I'd make is for academics with extensive C.V.s, and who are shooting for academia)--a resume isn't a list of all the things you've done, it is tailored highlights of your most impressive accomplishments and experience. That the samples are one pagers is a good hint of what they want.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks.

Im borderline there. Im getting a masters right now, no publications yet, so its pretty much impossible to cram everything into one page, but I don't need all of 2 pages yet either.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”