(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Postby bofaem » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 am

I've ran mine on a couple of gpa calculators, like the one from lsp and i come out with a 3.87, but lsac just did my transcript report and it is showing up as a 3.86. I know it will almost no difference, but what can i do? just ask them? I've double checked credits, and also classes from other schools that i've taken (the transcripts of which were already sent to lsac and included in the academic sumarry)

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:37 am

There are a lot of reasons why the actual GPA and the calculator GPA can be off by .01. It could be a result of rounding or human error on the GPA calculator, who knows. LSAC's transcript summarization is what counts, and .01 shouldn't change your admissions cycle either way, so it's probably best not to worry about this.

Postby im_blue » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Probably rounding error, but you can easily calculate this yourself without using online calculators. A+ = 4.33, A- = 3.67, etc. Add up all GPA points, divide by the number of credits, and round to 2 decimal places. If there are quarter units, multiply the GPA points and number of credits by 0.67.

Postby ashockofpink » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm posting this everywhere I can think of because I personally found it helpful and was surprised I didn't see any downloadable spreadsheets like this before. I was sick of just having to look at my transcript and then entering the credits in the LSDAS calculators and THEN trying to figure out what I'd need to change to increase it to a certain degree and blah blah blah. I've been going slightly crazy with LSAT study guides and I personally wanted to be able to see my GPA and also to be able to quickly change a number and see how much it affects me. I made a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate your LSDAS GPA that I hope is pretty easy to understand and seems to be accurate. My current grades are automatically entered to begin with to hopefully give you a sense of how it works. Since I figured odds are good SOMEONE out there is going as crazy as I am about all of this, I uploaded it to a site so everyone who wants to download and use it can do so :) ... heet.xlsx/ is the link.

If you have any questions or comments or are confused or whatever please don't hesitate to ask me

Enjoy :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”