Question about Tranferring after just Spring Semester Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chematbev

New

Question about Tranferring after just Spring Semester

Post by chematbev » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm

I am planning on starting Law School at Cardozo in the Spring Semester and completing my 1L in the Summer.
I have had a hard time trying to find schools that accept transfer applications after only completing one semester.
Does anyone know of any top 30 schools that accept applications after only one semester?

Thanks

megaTTTron

Silver

Re: Question about Tranferring after just Spring Semester

Post by megaTTTron » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:22 pm

chematbev wrote:I am planning on starting Law School at Cardozo in the Spring Semester and completing my 1L in the Summer.
I have had a hard time trying to find schools that accept transfer applications after only completing one semester.
Does anyone know of any top 30 schools that accept applications after only one semester?

Thanks

In before the carnage.

BUT - right now, only Chicago and Gtown accept applications with only first semester grades. And Chicago's is conditional upon consistent performance.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 pm

This is bad for two reasons.

1) Even if you do well enough to be able to transfer (which is honestly unlikely, just due to the odds), you will not be able to transfer to almost any school. As MegaTTTron notes, there are only a couple top schools that will even consider you at all.

2) You will lose the opportunity to intern somewhere during 1L summer. That internship shows that you have existing real-world experience and helps you make connections to find work during your 2L summer. You'll be handicapped by not having anything on your resume when you're looking for 2L summer work.

I would highly recommend at this point that you do not plan on starting in the spring at all.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I was waitlisted at Cardozo Spring and chose not to pursue it mainly because of the transfer hassle.

Edit: Vanwinkle is absolutely correct about the internship hunt, you'll be hamstringing yourself here. Think very carefully before you commit to Cardozo Spring ITE.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”