CAS, ED and the October retake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cccZillo

New

CAS, ED and the October retake

Post by cccZillo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:04 pm

With a June 169 already on file and retaking in October, is it best to apply ASAP, then have the LSAC send along the second LSAT score, or just have everything ready to go and send out the apps as soon as I get my score?

I'm planning on turning that 169 into a 173 and using my ED at Northwestern, so my thinking tells me maybe I should hold off until after I get my score. If I fail to improve then I can save myself a hundred bucks by not applying there. Is there any drawback to this? Assuming I have my transcripts and LORs all submitted to LSAC long before this, what is the turnaround time for LSAC sending the law school report to the school?

Side question: Will the 12 dollar law school report fee just be tacked onto the app fee when I'm paying that? (The LSAC website notes that reports can't be sent at my request, but then provides a phone number for ordering reports, and this seems contradictory to me.)

Thanks for the help.

YCrevolution

Gold

Re: CAS, ED and the October retake

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Diamond

Re: CAS, ED and the October retake

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm

cccZillo wrote:With a June 169 already on file and retaking in October, is it best to apply ASAP, then have the LSAC send along the second LSAT score, or just have everything ready to go and send out the apps as soon as I get my score?

I'm planning on turning that 169 into a 173 and using my ED at Northwestern, so my thinking tells me maybe I should hold off until after I get my score. If I fail to improve then I can save myself a hundred bucks by not applying there. Is there any drawback to this? Assuming I have my transcripts and LORs all submitted to LSAC long before this, what is the turnaround time for LSAC sending the law school report to the school?

Side question: Will the 12 dollar law school report fee just be tacked onto the app fee when I'm paying that? (The LSAC website notes that reports can't be sent at my request, but then provides a phone number for ordering reports, and this seems contradictory to me.)

Thanks for the help.
Well for Northwestern at least, it won't make a difference. They released all the ED decisions right before Christmas whether you applied in Sept or Nov 25 (like I did).

There is no reason to apply early, just make sure you go complete before their deadline.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”