Not a bad jdu thread Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wadeny

Bronze

Re: Not a bad jdu thread

Post by wadeny » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Read the same thread and found it very informative. Some of the guy's thoughts might not appeal to the many 0Ls who usually overlook the seriousness of law school debt, but it's great to hear some sobering advice from someone who has worked hard and seems to understand the legal job market quite well.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm

I really don't understand what JDU's problem is with TLS. They accuse everyone on TLS of being soooo optimisitc about law school and the profession as a whole, but really I think ppl on TLS are equally as pessimistic as posts on JDU. They only difference is that TLSers aren't sympathetic when ppl come on the boards and whine about their problems, whereas on JDU its more of a "we're all screwed, join the club and cry with us" camaraderie

I thought this thread in particular was at least decent, I'm just saying, JDU has a TLS hater complex

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:06 pm

pjo wrote:I really don't understand what JDU's problem is with TLS. They accuse everyone on TLS of being soooo optimisitc about law school and the profession as a whole, but really I think ppl on TLS are equally as pessimistic as posts on JDU. They only difference is that TLSers aren't sympathetic when ppl come on the boards and whine about their problems, whereas on JDU its more of a "we're all screwed, join the club and cry with us" camaraderie

I thought this thread in particular was at least decent, I'm just saying, JDU has a TLS hater complex
Agreed. Just look at the other two links I put up on the 1st page
Last edited by thecilent on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Cilent21 wrote:
TommyK wrote:Christ, I need a drink after that thread
lol Just make sure you really like the law, and you'll be okay..
I love the law... If I could take the law to Vermont, I would have a commitment ceremony with the law. But jesus... Enjoying my second glass of pinot noir.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 pm

TommyK wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:
TommyK wrote:Christ, I need a drink after that thread
lol Just make sure you really like the law, and you'll be okay..
I love the law... If I could take the law to Vermont, I would have a commitment ceremony with the law. But jesus... Enjoying my second glass of pinot noir.
Shiraz FTW

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

TLS is a much bigger place than JDU or XOXO. We get a bad rap because there are tons of retarded threads on here like "LOL I WANT BIGLAW SHOULD I GO TO COOLEY OR FLORIDA COASTAL WITH A $45 per SEMESTER SCHOALRISPH ALSO I A M DROOLING ON MYSELF." There are also tons of smart threads, smart posters, intelligent comments, etc. But if you don't have the chance to get to know the site, it's easy to get the wrong impression. Especially in the very young 0L type places there is much more optimism than is probably warranted.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”