Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 am

Nola wrote:
I am not going to say that my post is great. I will say however, that this is exactly the crowd that needs to hear this. I have a feeling that once we get admitted to law school and prepare to graduate all of this anxiety will just be a distant memory that we can all joke about at graduation.


This is about the most ignorant thing ever.

Thank you for the lulz.

User avatar
Matthies
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby Matthies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

romothesavior wrote:
Nola wrote:
I am not going to say that my post is great. I will say however, that this is exactly the crowd that needs to hear this. I have a feeling that once we get admitted to law school and prepare to graduate all of this anxiety will just be a distant memory that we can all joke about at graduation.


This is about the most ignorant thing ever.
Thank you for the lulz.


No, this is NOT the correct answer, the correct answer is any post by Platonic :)

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

Matthies wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Nola wrote:
I am not going to say that my post is great. I will say however, that this is exactly the crowd that needs to hear this. I have a feeling that once we get admitted to law school and prepare to graduate all of this anxiety will just be a distant memory that we can all joke about at graduation.


This is about the most ignorant thing ever.
Thank you for the lulz.


No, this is NOT the correct answer, the correct answer is any post by Platonic :)


Or Canadian Wolf. Or GermX. Or PDaddy.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

PDaddy wrote:
Does it ever occur to anyone that many of these people w/o jobs who claim to be "median" are L-Y-I-N-G? Don't get me twisted, I do believe things are harder for graduates all around and at every level. But don't tell me that a median CLS grad can't get a good paying law job because there are still lots of good paying jobs out there. When I hear those stories, I hear 1) LIAR(S) or 2) "lazy, entitled brat(s) expected [a] job(s) to just drop into his/her/their lap(s)"...EOS.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby General Tso » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm

I may not be proud to be in law school, but I'm for damn sure proud to be an American

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby nealric » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:52 pm

but I'm for damn sure proud to be an American


At least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me...

and I gladly STAND UP!
next to you and defend her still today
'cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
GOD BLESS THE USA!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Integrity wrote:I agree with the sentiment of the post. Less that 1% of the world receives a college education, and I can only imagine how miniscule the percentage is for law students.

Unfortunately, some posters believe grandiloquent protestations of elitism, cynicism, and sarcasm reflect well on their intellect. Lots of people on TLS have the brains, but not the hearts (or looks either, I'd imagine).


I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument. Although, if you're going to take a dig at cynics' looks, you really should do so in a more grandiloquent manner.

As for the OP, I can appreciate the notion that those whose biggest life problem is their admission cycle are lucky. I grew up abroad and in a war - I get the necessity for maintaining proper perspective/keeping the grand scheme in mind. That said, choosing not to attend a non-T14 =/= lacking perspective. It's perfectly possible to appreciate one's life while simultaneously declining to take out 180k worth of debt for a TTT.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 pm

rayiner wrote:
Nola wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:This would be a great post if this wasn't the Top Law School Forums.


I am not going to say that my post is great. I will say however, that this is exactly the crowd that needs to hear this. I have a feeling that once we get admitted to law school and prepare to graduate all of this anxiety will just be a distant memory that we can all joke about at graduation.


I go to a T14, and know people just graduated whose anxiety isn't a distant memory. Rather, it's real and present and concerns how they will pay back $200k in loans without a job.


GTFO. Who asked you to inject rationality ITT?

User avatar
Matthies
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby Matthies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Integrity wrote:I agree with the sentiment of the post. Less that 1% of the world receives a college education, and I can only imagine how miniscule the percentage is for law students.

Unfortunately, some posters believe grandiloquent protestations of elitism, cynicism, and sarcasm reflect well on their intellect. Lots of people on TLS have the brains, but not the hearts (or looks either, I'd imagine).


I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument. Although, if you're going to take a dig at cynics' looks, you really should do so in a more grandiloquent manner.

As for the OP, I can appreciate the notion that those whose biggest life problem is their admission cycle are lucky. I grew up abroad and in a war - I get the necessity for maintaining proper perspective/keeping the grand scheme in mind. That said, choosing not to attend a non-T14 =/= lacking perspective. It's perfectly possible to appreciate one's life while simultaneously declining to take out 180k worth of debt for a TTT.


I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Matthies wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument. Although, if you're going to take a dig at cynics' looks, you really should do so in a more grandiloquent manner.

As for the OP, I can appreciate the notion that those whose biggest life problem is their admission cycle are lucky. I grew up abroad and in a war - I get the necessity for maintaining proper perspective/keeping the grand scheme in mind. That said, choosing not to attend a non-T14 =/= lacking perspective. It's perfectly possible to appreciate one's life while simultaneously declining to take out 180k worth of debt for a TTT.


Not at all. Why would it be?

I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument

User avatar
Matthies
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby Matthies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Matthies wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument. Although, if you're going to take a dig at cynics' looks, you really should do so in a more grandiloquent manner.

As for the OP, I can appreciate the notion that those whose biggest life problem is their admission cycle are lucky. I grew up abroad and in a war - I get the necessity for maintaining proper perspective/keeping the grand scheme in mind. That said, choosing not to attend a non-T14 =/= lacking perspective. It's perfectly possible to appreciate one's life while simultaneously declining to take out 180k worth of debt for a TTT.


Not at all. Why would it be?

I'd imagine that last bit is entirely unnecessary for your argument


Ok, just making sure I understand the rules:

Implying elitists t14 people are ugly = not necessary to argument
Implying people who go to "TTT" are in debt and don't appreciate their lives = necessary for the argument.

All these rules on who can insult who on this board, I just insult everyone equally without out thought to how their prestige level might impact my insults! :P

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Matthies wrote:Ok, just making sure I understand the rules:

Implying elitists t14 people are ugly = not necessary to argument
Implying people who go to "TTT" are in debt and don't appreciate their lives = necessary for the argument.

All these rules on who can insult who on this board, I just insult everyone equally without out thought to how their prestige level might impact my insults! :P


You did misunderstand me. I didn't claim it was impossible to be happy while in debt and attending a TTT; I merely claimed that a given individual's conclusion that (s)he wouldn't be happy attending TTT with 180k in debt did not signal lack of perspective.

I was actually telling my friend that's considering taking a well paid job she would hate just this last week that happiness was what mattered and that she should forgo the job if she's certain she'd be happier shouldering her current debt under a different arrangement.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby trialjunky » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 pm

dresden, today is just not your day :(

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 pm

trialjunky wrote:dresden, today is just not your day :(


On the contrary, my exchange with Para makes today my day.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Let's Put Law School In Perspective - We Should All Be Proud

Postby trialjunky » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Ah, you might be right. I ran there...it was worth it too




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], heythatslife, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests