It's funny how cyclical this website is

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trey
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 pm

It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby trey » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 pm

So many people are asking the exact same questions now that I had last June (2ND LSAT attempts) and I am sure they will be asked again next June. Then, in a few months all the questions will shift to LOR's and ED. I think its funny anyway...

User avatar
altoidz
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby altoidz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 pm

brilliant. you just discovered why the law school application is a 'cycle.'

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 pm

altoidz wrote:brilliant. you just discovered why the law school application is a 'cycle.'


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby kaydish21 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Haha. Altoidz: 1 - OP: 0

trey
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby trey » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:18 am

well its safe to say i just got rocked

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 am

Not quite. It has more to do with the fact that forums don't present old information efficiently than law school application cycles. If this really coincide with the "cycle", questions will only repeated on an annual basis. The fact that the cycles on this forum is shorter than the application cycle indicate that the cause is something else - the fact that new users are not presented with relevant information that is already existing in the database.

So it really is 0:0

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:47 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
altoidz wrote:brilliant. you just discovered why the law school application is a 'cycle.'


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby paratactical » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:48 am

.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Matthies
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am

paratactical wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Not quite. It has more to do with the fact that forums don't present old information efficiently than law school application cycles. If this really coincide with the "cycle", questions will only repeated on an annual basis. The fact that the cycles on this forum is shorter than the application cycle indicate that the cause is something else - the fact that new users are not presented with relevant information that is already existing in the database.

So it really is 0:0


Lazy fuckers don't use search. HTH

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby mallard » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:29 am

altoidz wrote:brilliant. you just discovered why the law school application is a 'cycle.'


I would have your babies.

User avatar
rdcws000
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby rdcws000 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world for people to ask an already-answered question. This is a discussion forum and people want to discuss. We are excited and nervous about what we're getting into, and we'd like to interact with others.

Of course there are some obvious questions that people should research instead of ask, like "what is the app deadline to XXX school" but other than that, why not just let the forums repeat themselves?

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: It's funny how cyclical this website is

Postby Hey-O » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:05 pm

rdcws000 wrote:I don't think it's the worst thing in the world for people to ask an already-answered question. This is a discussion forum and people want to discuss. We are excited and nervous about what we're getting into, and we'd like to interact with others.

Of course there are some obvious questions that people should research instead of ask, like "what is the app deadline to XXX school" but other than that, why not just let the forums repeat themselves?


+1 I don't understand the 'Use the Search Function' trolls. If you don't like the question don't read the thread. It isn't very interesting to read something from 2008. What if things have changed?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], lawcapture, UVA2B and 11 guests