Am I the only one that would be happy with a 50k and no debt? That sounds like a pretty sweet situation post-any school.
OP, if you come back, I have some serious questions for you (please don't tell me about your classmates. I'm sure they are hurting):
1) What did you do your 1L summer? Did you enjoy that work?
2) Did you get a job 2L summer through OCI?
3) If you did, did you get an offer there?
4) If you did not, what did you do your 2L summer? Did you like it? Did you get an offer through that job?
5) If you got your job through the "none of the above" route, how did you get it?
6) Why are you so disillusioned with the work if you have not started practicing? Did you not like anything you did during the summer?
7) If you hated both of your summer jobs and all of the work you have done so far - did you consider trying to get a non-legal job that might make you happier?
8 ) If you liked the work, why are you upset? Did you want $160k? Or are you just so selfless that you care more about your classmates than yourself and you are cool with your job but are sad about your unemployed friends?
I'm really curious about this information and will not criticize you for it. You can even PM me if you want. I've asked a few people that have posted these types of things and no one ever responded to me