Should I apply before my 2nd LSAT score?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jtb00711

Should I apply before my 2nd LSAT score?

Postby jtb00711 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 am

I have a weak LSAT score (153) but plan on actually hitting the books this time around, was wondering if I should apply before I take the October LSAT? The schools I'm applying to are accepting apps in early September and October, should I just get everything else (PS, LORs, etc.) done and have the applications ready to be sent out ASAP after I get my LSAT score or apply early hoping to get admitted. Thanks in advance!

dukelawguy144

Re: Should I apply before my 2nd LSAT score?

Postby dukelawguy144 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:01 am

dude, retake and wait to apply after you retake. No decent school will accept that score. Unless off course, you want a T4

sumus romani

Postby sumus romani » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 am

This is a tough question. But the good news is that it won't make much of a difference, given the dates you are talking about. If you get everything ready, and apply as soon as you get your Oct score, then you will still be applying early. Things gets much more complicated when people talk about the Feb test. But you will get your applications in early either way.

You can have your letter writers submit their letters whenever. You can have your transcripts compiled whenever. You can even fill out the application early without sending them in (yes, even through the LSAC website).

The only worry is that if you wait to apply, then something could hold up your file (such as a letter-writer). So just make sure that stuff is in order and be ready to submit the day after your Oct. scores are in.

sumus romani

Postby sumus romani » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 am

dukelawguy144 wrote:dude, retake and wait to apply after you retake. No decent school will accept that score. Unless off course, you want a T4

Yeah, just wanted to focus on the question without a discussion of the score in particular.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”