Need clarification about LSDAS GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dragonfly22588

Need clarification about LSDAS GPA

Postby dragonfly22588 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 am

Alright, so I found out that college level material in high school counts on my GPA (now I'm getting excited because this could be good or not as great news). I took several AP courses in high school, coincidentally the AP classes I tended to do better in were actually used to fulfill requirements at my college while the AP classes I didn’t do as well in, I took again in college. This might be confusing so I’ll elaborate. I took Calculus A and B for 1 year and got an A and C, respectively. When I started college, this technically would have fulfilled some math requirement however I took Math 16 at my college which is the equivalent to my high school calculus class. Will my high school calculus class count in my LSDAS GPA? Who actually figures out if it does or does someone just look at my high school AP classes and count all of them?

Also, I have this "grade" on my transcipt that is a RD, I'm pretty sure it stands for redo because I was required to take the class again due to school related work. I did not fail the class, I just have to take it yearly as a condition of my work, how does LSDAS consider these classes?

Also, can someone give me a link to law school application timeline (ie when to start doing certain things by what time, etc thanks.

schrute2011

Re: Need clarification about LSDAS GPA

Postby schrute2011 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 am

Your AP classes will not count since the grades were given in high school. It doesn't matter if you used them to fill requirements at your college. It would be a different story if you took the classes at a community college or were dual-enrolled at a university while in high school.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:13 am

LSAC doesn't count AP classes even if they fulfilled college requirements, unless they were dual-enrollment.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 am

im_blue wrote:LSAC doesn't count AP classes even if they fulfilled college requirements, unless they were dual-enrollment.

TITCR. If you took these classes at the local college or through a program with a college, then they will count even if you didn't attempt to transfer/use that credit. Since you mentioned that you would be eligible for credit for these classes by the grades you got and not by the test scores, this sounds like a possibility. Check with your high school if you don't remember.

mst

Postby mst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

This would be a nightmare.

dragonfly22588

Postby dragonfly22588 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

No, I took these classes as my high school not in connection with any college, I'll call anyway to make sure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”