How to Prepare Applications Before They Can Be Submitted?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dave Davely

How to Prepare Applications Before They Can Be Submitted?

Postby Dave Davely » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 pm

I have noticed that some people are already preparing their applications for the next admissions cycle (e.g. to begin law school in Fall of 2011). While recommendations and transcripts are matters that can be dealt with (for many applicants, not all) at almost any time of year, I don't quite understand how personal statements, "Why X Law School", and other more essay oriented parts of the applications process can be completed at this juncture. When I log into LSAC and attempt to pull up applications for different schools, I haven't encountered any available applications for the coming admissions cycle. Without applications, how can some people be so far along in compiling essays? Certainly the broad outline of what you should do (why do I want to go to law school, etc.) is clear, but without specific guidance (how long should it be, etc.) I don't understand how one could fine tune and complete the admissions essays.

I know I am missing something here, someone fill me in on what that something is.

lakerfanimal

Re: How to Prepare Applications Before They Can Be Submitted?

Postby lakerfanimal » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 pm

The stuff they look for in essays doesn't really change from year to year as far as I know.

--LinkRemoved-- is a good place to look at what you need to put your application together

Dave Davely

Postby Dave Davely » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:The stuff they look for in essays doesn't really change from year to year as far as I know.

--LinkRemoved-- is a good place to look at what you need to put your application together

Thanks. That website is beyond useful.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

Dave Davely wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:The stuff they look for in essays doesn't really change from year to year as far as I know.

Thanks. That website is beyond useful.

I agree. Thanks for sharing.

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

First time I've seen this site. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”