Strange C&F situation that slipped my mind when applying

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ikari_ningen

Strange C&F situation that slipped my mind when applying

Postby ikari_ningen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 am

Got into a school, attending this fall. I have nothing on my record short of one traffic violation.

But I just remembered that when I was in my freshman year of high school, I was called in by the FBI because they heard from an anonymous source that I knew someone who knew about the 9/11 attacks before they happened, which surprised the hell out of me. I was 14.

Anyway, went to the FBI office and told them that I didn't know anything about it, and they brushed the whole thing aside, saying that they were getting a ton of calls like this from scared people, the vast majority of which didn't amount to anything substantive.

Two weeks later I'm talking with my neighbor and she asks me, "Did you say you knew someone who knew about 9/11 before it happened?" which made me pretty pissed off, because I remember telling her that my friend's dad, who was in the Air Force, may have been deployed to help with the relief effort at ground zero. However the fuck she misinterpreted that one still baffles me.

Should I report this to my school? I doubt the FBI has a file on me, and I haven't heard anything from them in the past nine years.

And no, this is not a flame.

Unitas

Re: Strange C&F situation that slipped my mind when applying

Postby Unitas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 am

I’ll pretend like this isn’t a flame and you don’t understand the difference between a potential witness and a criminal.

You were brought in as a potential cooperating witness, why the hell do you think that would need disclosure? This means if you ever reported a crime you would have to disclose it and quite frankly that doesn’t make any sense. You weren’t accused of a crime; you were being questioned about a possible relationship that could shed light on the events pre 9/11. Based on what you said their is nothing to disclose.

And FYI, you probably do have a file with the FBI. You can request it if you want by doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvvCIK7H3c

ikari_ningen

Postby ikari_ningen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Unitas wrote:I’ll pretend like this isn’t a flame and you don’t understand the difference between a potential witness and a criminal.

You were brought in as a potential cooperating witness, why the hell do you think that would need disclosure? This means if you ever reported a crime you would have to disclose it and quite frankly that doesn’t make any sense. You weren’t accused of a crime; you were being questioned about a possible relationship that could shed light on the events pre 9/11. Based on what you said their is nothing to disclose.

And FYI, you probably do have a file with the FBI. You can request it if you want by doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvvCIK7H3c

Fair enough. I was only concerned that if someone supposed I knew someone who knew about the attacks before they happened, I would have been suspected of aiding that person by not saying anything beforehand.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Terrorist.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”