how long for LSAC to process your LOR's/send to schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ilovemulch

how long for LSAC to process your LOR's/send to schools

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:30 pm

I was wondering how long it takes for LSAC to process and send off your LORs (presuming they already have your transcript/GPA calculated and LSAT score on file) after they receive them from the recommenders?

Also, do pretty much all schools in the T-14/T-25 only accept LORs through LSAC/prefer that they come from LSAC? Do any want them sent directly?

Thanks!

Aggiegrad2011

Re: how long for LSAC to process your LOR's/send to schools

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

ilovemulch wrote:I was wondering how long it takes for LSAC to process and send off your LORs (presuming they already have your transcript/GPA calculated and LSAT score on file) after they receive them from the recommenders?

Also, do pretty much all schools in the T-14/T-25 only accept LORs through LSAC/prefer that they come from LSAC? Do any want them sent directly?

Thanks!

Hey there!

Point 1: Everything I've read has said 2-3 weeks is the approximate turn-around time.

Point 2: Yea, I am in the process of blanketing T-25 (10 schools) and they all prefer LSAC's Credentialing Service.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:I was wondering how long it takes for LSAC to process and send off your LORs (presuming they already have your transcript/GPA calculated and LSAT score on file) after they receive them from the recommenders?

Thanks!

Hey there!

Point 1: Everything I've read has said 2-3 weeks is the approximate turn-around time.

Point 2: Yea, I am in the process of blanketing T-25 (10 schools) and they all prefer LSAC's Credentialing Service.

Thanks!!

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 am

A lot of people faxed in their LORs and they posted the same day.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 am

im_blue wrote:A lot of people faxed in their LORs and they posted the same day.

Oh they can be faxed, even though they require a signature?

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
im_blue wrote:A lot of people faxed in their LORs and they posted the same day.

Oh they can be faxed, even though they require a signature?

Yes. If I were you, I'd have whatever can be faxed actually faxed. In my experience, it makes things go much, much quicker. I believe one of my LORs was processed within in a day or two of being faxed in.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 pm

What happens if the professor sends the fax at an off-peak time, say, after close of business?

Is their fax machine left "on" to receive all the time? Is someone always in attendance of said fax machine?

In my experience, in business and in the military, fax machines suck and are 10x more unreliable than the post office is.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”