Transfer information for Southern California law schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandaltan
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 am

Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby sandaltan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 pm

There is a good chance I'll wind up at Loyola/Chapman/Whittier/USD with some $$. I would really like to go to a UCLA or USC, Berkeley or Stanford though. Does anyone have some input on these schools as far as transfers go? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

User avatar
bankruptedcasino
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby bankruptedcasino » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm

You should only go to a school you'd be happy to graduate from at median, since it is ill-advised to expect a transfer. 90% of your 1L class will not be able to.

That being said, go to Loyola. It is a feeder school for UCLA/USC. You will need to place in the top 10%, perhaps top 20% with a stellar application that impresses everyone you talk to. Even if you miss the mark, LLS has great placement in LA (despite what you might hear from others on this site).

Chapman is expensive and will place you exclusively in Orange County. Same with USD and San Diego.

Whittier should be avoided at all costs.

Hope this helps.

User avatar
interalia
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby interalia » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm

sandaltan wrote:There is a good chance I'll wind up at Loyola/Chapman/Whittier/USD with some $$. I would really like to go to a UCLA or USC, Berkeley or Stanford though. Does anyone have some input on these schools as far as transfers go? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!


In before you're clerking for a traffic court in three years.

sandaltan
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby sandaltan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:36 pm

interalia wrote:
sandaltan wrote:There is a good chance I'll wind up at Loyola/Chapman/Whittier/USD with some $$. I would really like to go to a UCLA or USC, Berkeley or Stanford though. Does anyone have some input on these schools as far as transfers go? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!


In before you're clerking for a traffic court in three years.


you're just a bitter lil betty aren't ya :) yes you are!

sandaltan
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby sandaltan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:37 pm

bankruptedcasino wrote:You should only go to a school you'd be happy to graduate from at median, since it is ill-advised to expect a transfer. 90% of your 1L class will not be able to.

That being said, go to Loyola. It is a feeder school for UCLA/USC. You will need to place in the top 10%, perhaps top 20% with a stellar application that impresses everyone you talk to. Even if you miss the mark, LLS has great placement in LA (despite what you might hear from others on this site).

Chapman is expensive and will place you exclusively in Orange County. Same with USD and San Diego.

Whittier should be avoided at all costs.

Hope this helps.


Thanks for the advice.

User avatar
interalia
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Transfer information for Southern California law schools

Postby interalia » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm

sandaltan wrote:
interalia wrote:
sandaltan wrote:There is a good chance I'll wind up at Loyola/Chapman/Whittier/USD with some $$. I would really like to go to a UCLA or USC, Berkeley or Stanford though. Does anyone have some input on these schools as far as transfers go? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!


In before you're clerking for a traffic court in three years.


you're just a bitter lil betty aren't ya :) yes you are!


Perhaps I was a little too pessimistic.

There are tons of people with the same idea as you. Just search the forum, you can't miss it.

Hell, TLS should just start a OL transfer forum. Probably 3/4 of TT+ 0Ls would be on it, and all in the top 10% by the end.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lexaholik, rk42 and 10 guests