What kind of fee waivers can I expect?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
username99

What kind of fee waivers can I expect?

Postby username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

with a 167? What schools might send me fee waivers? And when might this happen? Gracias!

JWicker10

Re: What kind of fee waivers can I expect?

Postby JWicker10 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm really not sure where you might get waivers from, but I'd guess schools where you're at or above the 75h percentile/a likely candidate to apply and be accepted. As for when you'll get them, I received waivers basically the entire cycle from the time I took the LSAT on. In fact, when applying, I had received waivers I was never even notified about by the school.

Hope that helps.

username99

Postby username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:38 pm

JWicker10 wrote:I'm really not sure where you might get waivers from, but I'd guess schools where you're at or above the 75h percentile/a likely candidate to apply and be accepted. As for when you'll get them, I received waivers basically the entire cycle from the time I took the LSAT on. In fact, when applying, I had received waivers I was never even notified about by the school.

Hope that helps.

Sweet. I guess what I'm asking is "will this actually save me money?" I've gotten some already from Cincinatti, Ohio, Seton Hall, etc, which while I'm sure they are fine schools are not ones I've considered. Is it likely that I'll get waivers from the 18-30 range?

transfer4545

Postby transfer4545 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:39 pm

How can you not consider Ohio Law School?

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, you will get waivers from the 18-30 range. When you are about ready to apply, send emails to any schools that have not given you a waiver already and ask for one. Sometimes they give you one if you ask. Check and make sure you don't have a "hidden waiver" first by adding it to your LSAC shopping cart. See if it comes up 12.00 or if it is more. If you search for hidden waiver you can probably find a lot more on TLS about it.

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, I think it would be... had the same score and got waivers from WUSTL and others.

Also, if Midwest is your target, I would highly recommend UIUC. They do not charge an app. fee and I think the general consensus for TLS is that their admissions staff is nothing short of awesome. (Full disclosure, I start there this fall... Had not considered them until I checked them out on these boards.)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”