Getting off multiple wait lists..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
burtonrideclub

Getting off multiple wait lists..

Postby burtonrideclub » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:59 pm

I just got off the wait list to a school that is my second choice (number one is ranked a spot away, and I feel my June LSAT should get me off that one also). The first school has told me I need to make a decision by Friday, could I accept it, pay the deposit, and then go to the other school if I get off that wait list? Or is that considered bad form?

Thanks

anthropologieaddict

Re: Getting off multiple wait lists..

Postby anthropologieaddict » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 am

burtonrideclub wrote:I just got off the wait list to a school that is my second choice (number one is ranked a spot away, and I feel my June LSAT should get me off that one also). The first school has told me I need to make a decision by Friday, could I accept it, pay the deposit, and then go to the other school if I get off that wait list? Or is that considered bad form?

Thanks

Sure you can. I am not sure that it is in the best form but I know if I got into my first choice off of the waitlist after depositing at my 2nd choice I would jump at the chance. Not everyone has the flexibility to drop everything for one school over another at the last minute (or will think it is in good form to do so) but there are certainly no rules barring you from doing it.

hsprophet

Re: Getting off multiple wait lists..

Postby hsprophet » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 pm

I would verify with the school that paying the deposit isn't a binding agreement to attend. Usually it's not. I know first deposits aren't, but maybe second deposits are?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”