Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
acrossthelake

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey-O wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:Fall 2011? Why not Fall 2010...?

Anyway, I took the February 2010 LSAT, applied, withdrew from all my schools because I decided for various reasons to wait a year, and am planning on re-applying this fall (2010). I'm signed up for CRS, but haven't been getting fee waivers, I'm assuming since I got them all last cycle and many schools probably assume that I'm starting school this fall. Should I just email schools I'm interested in to try to get waivers?

This is my case too. I wonder if you can email LSAC and let them know you are applying again this year.

Hmmm....how does one contact LSAC to do so?

Send them an email or call? I might do this or I might just contact the schools I'm interested in.

Their online form keeps giving me errors. Yeah, I'd like some of em fee waivers.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 am

DaveBear07 wrote:I've only gotten Seton Hall and Richmond....

But I want them all :twisted:

Thomas Cooley starts typing you a fee waiver email... :wink:

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am

Gonzaga and charlotte and an interesting e-mail from Yale, letting me know that if I request a fee waiver they will send me one as an attachment....huh

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 am

crossingforHYS wrote:Gonzaga and charlotte and an interesting e-mail from Yale, letting me know that if I request a fee waiver they will send me one as an attachment....huh

Dates received/LSAT score?

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am

yoitsmebenny wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:Gonzaga and charlotte and an interesting e-mail from Yale, letting me know that if I request a fee waiver they will send me one as an attachment....huh

sorry. July 1st, 2010. 165 and 3.9

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

crossingforHYS wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:

sorry. July 1st, 2010. 165 and 3.9

Updated, thanks!

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:20 am

6/29-Phoenix School of Law
7/1-Charlotte School of Law

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!! :lol:

True though...it is what it is... :roll:

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:30 am

Wait... yale actually emails people???

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

tkgrrett wrote:

Yes. They emailed me too. And said..."we'll pay your 3 year tuition, not to apply to our school." :oops:

abarrios

Postby abarrios » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Just got another from Richmond.

So far fee waivers have been from Cincinnati, Seton Hall, and Richmond for me.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Just got off the phone with LSAC (NICEST customer service person I have ever encountered, ever). Apparently I have fee waivers for some of these schools, but the schools didn't bother to e-mail me to inform me of such this time around. Waivers for last cycle have been cleared, so she couldn't check to see if I had hidden waivers for last cycle anymore.

Hey-O wrote:

Anyway, I took the February 2010 LSAT, applied, withdrew from all my schools because I decided for various reasons to wait a year, and am planning on re-applying this fall (2010). I'm signed up for CRS, but haven't been getting fee waivers, I'm assuming since I got them all last cycle and many schools probably assume that I'm starting school this fall. Should I just email schools I'm interested in to try to get waivers?

This is my case too. I wonder if you can email LSAC and let them know you are applying again this year.

rv11

Postby rv11 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

acrossthelake wrote:Just got off the phone with LSAC (NICEST customer service person I have ever encountered, ever). Apparently I have fee waivers for some of these schools, but the schools didn't bother to e-mail me to inform me of such this time around. Waivers for last cycle have been cleared, so she couldn't check to see if I had hidden waivers for last cycle anymore.

Hey-O wrote:

Does this only apply for schools that sent you waivers for last cycle? Because I heard nothing from any of the schools up here at all last year and still haven't heard a thing.

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

One more you can add:
7/1 Pacific (McGeorge)

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm

acrossthelake wrote:Just got off the phone with LSAC (NICEST customer service person I have ever encountered, ever). Apparently I have fee waivers for some of these schools, but the schools didn't bother to e-mail me to inform me of such this time around. Waivers for last cycle have been cleared, so she couldn't check to see if I had hidden waivers for last cycle anymore.

Hey-O wrote:

Wait. Can you check the fee waivers offered to you on your LSAC profile? If so, where?

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Valparaiso - Way back on 5/5
Seton Hall - 7/20

Sorry: 159
Last edited by cartercl on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Just U of Richmond so far. 155/3.8.

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 pm

cartercl wrote:Valparaiso - Way back on 5/5

Damn you! I actually want to go there and I've gotten nada. Is there some way of indicating which schools you want to apply to?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:

Hey-O wrote:

Wait. Can you check the fee waivers offered to you on your LSAC profile? If so, where?

LSAC customer service reps can check our file. Don't think we can do it by ourselves.

Bluben

Postby Bluben » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 pm

U Richmond.
Last edited by Bluben on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

angiej wrote:

Damn you! I actually want to go there and I've gotten nada. Is there some way of indicating which schools you want to apply to?

I'll trade you a Valpo for a Richmond! I wouldn't mind applying there. But you can indicate which states you would like to attend law school in by editing your CRS preferences. Maybe that has something to do with it. Try it out if you haven't already.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

tkgrrett wrote:

I was pretty shocked too...I got in contact with them in High school asking them questions and emailed them a couple times through college. Then got the email this morning from them....emailed them back and they said their need-based fee waiver will be available sept. 1st so email then....

I am kind of confused but am sure I got that email by mistake...maybe..

oh and got another fee waiver from Pacific Mcgeorge today

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

Yes. They emailed me too. And said..."we'll pay your 3 year tuition, not to apply to our school." :oops:

Hey I would take that deal! lol

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

cartercl wrote:
angiej wrote:

I'll trade you a Valpo for a Richmond! I wouldn't mind applying there. But you can indicate which states you would like to attend law school in by editing your CRS preferences. Maybe that has something to do with it. Try it out if you haven't already.

I'd gladly trade . . .too bad. I have Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin checked, and so far just a the Richmond one. I realize while my GPA may be great, my lsat sucks (but its still above Valpo's 75%!) I'm visiting in a few weeks. What are your numbers?

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

angiej wrote:
cartercl wrote:
angiej wrote:

I'd gladly trade . . .too bad. I have Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin checked, and so far just a the Richmond one. I realize while my GPA may be great, my lsat sucks (but its still above Valpo's 75%!) I'm visiting in a few weeks. What are your numbers?

Well my GPA sucks so don't feel bad. 2.76/159. But I am also a URM, so maybe schools take that into account when sending out waivers (to increase diversity or something). I received one from Marquette last cycle that was extended for this cycle, so maybe you have a chance with that one since you have WI listed.

pjo

Postby pjo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

7/01: Just got one from Pacific McGeorge. My LSAT is 162 btw.

Hey has anyone else been getting emails from schools saying they still have open seats for the class starting this Fall and to apply now if I want in with money? I just find it weird because I haven't even graduated from college yet.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”