Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I want that Stetson waiver... :cry:

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby angiej » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:21 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:I want that Stetson waiver... :cry:

Is Stetson T4? It seems to have a good rep nevertheless.

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Bumi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

By the way: I am annoyed that I live in Richmond, took my LSAT at the University of Richmond, crushed it, and got no fee waiver from UR. Seriously, UR, take care of your boy! Why you gotta be hatin'!?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 pm

angiej wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:I want that Stetson waiver... :cry:

Is Stetson T4? It seems to have a good rep nevertheless.


T3.. it was Top100 not too long ago though. It has a handful of programs ranked well, esp trial advocacy and legal writing.

User avatar
afcanoe
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby afcanoe » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I just emailed Vandy; they only give fee waivers through CRS. I thought this part of their response was interesting:

"Our fee waiver invitations sometimes cross in transit with applications received, and if this occurs, your application fee will be refunded."

Good to know.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Dany » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 pm

afcanoe wrote:I just emailed Vandy; they only give fee waivers through CRS. I thought this part of their response was interesting:

"Our fee waiver invitations sometimes cross in transit with applications received, and if this occurs, your application fee will be refunded."

Good to know.

Thanks for this info!

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm

edited message: wrong thread

but I'll post something worthwile...emailed a school in South florida and got a fee waiver, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll tell you the school
Last edited by crossingforHYS on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
afcanoe
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby afcanoe » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:18 pm

I also emailed GW about a fee waiver. Here is the response I received (sorry if you've already heard this info - I think someone mentioned something about GW's policy on fee waivers on another thread):

"If you have received a need-based fee waiver from LSAC, your GW Law application fee will automatically be waived when you submit your application online through LSAC. Other than for individuals in programs such as Teach For America, AmeriCorps or Peace Corps, this is the only circumstance in which we are granting fee waivers.

The funds that we collect in application fees are put into financial aid, and help allow us to provide generous grants and scholarships to our students. One merit-based scholarship that we offer to outstanding applicants is the Presidential Merit Scholarship. This award is tied to our binding early admission process. If GW Law is at the top of your list, I encourage you to apply for binding early admission. To review more detailed information about this program, please go to: http://www.law.gwu.edu/Admissions/apply ... early.aspx. All applicants are considered for merit-based and need-based aid on the basis of their applications as submitted."

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

afcanoe wrote:I also emailed GW about a fee waiver. Here is the response I received (sorry if you've already heard this info - I think someone mentioned something about GW's policy on fee waivers on another thread):

"If you have received a need-based fee waiver from LSAC, your GW Law application fee will automatically be waived when you submit your application online through LSAC. Other than for individuals in programs such as Teach For America, AmeriCorps or Peace Corps, this is the only circumstance in which we are granting fee waivers.

The funds that we collect in application fees are put into financial aid, and help allow us to provide generous grants and scholarships to our students. One merit-based scholarship that we offer to outstanding applicants is the Presidential Merit Scholarship. This award is tied to our binding early admission process. If GW Law is at the top of your list, I encourage you to apply for binding early admission. To review more detailed information about this program, please go to: http://www.law.gwu.edu/Admissions/apply ... early.aspx. All applicants are considered for merit-based and need-based aid on the basis of their applications as submitted."


That makes me very sad. :(

User avatar
afcanoe
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby afcanoe » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
afcanoe wrote:I also emailed GW about a fee waiver. Here is the response I received (sorry if you've already heard this info - I think someone mentioned something about GW's policy on fee waivers on another thread):

"If you have received a need-based fee waiver from LSAC, your GW Law application fee will automatically be waived when you submit your application online through LSAC. Other than for individuals in programs such as Teach For America, AmeriCorps or Peace Corps, this is the only circumstance in which we are granting fee waivers.

The funds that we collect in application fees are put into financial aid, and help allow us to provide generous grants and scholarships to our students. One merit-based scholarship that we offer to outstanding applicants is the Presidential Merit Scholarship. This award is tied to our binding early admission process. If GW Law is at the top of your list, I encourage you to apply for binding early admission. To review more detailed information about this program, please go to: http://www.law.gwu.edu/Admissions/apply ... early.aspx. All applicants are considered for merit-based and need-based aid on the basis of their applications as submitted."


That makes me very sad. :(


I knowww... It made me sad, too.
(Also, this is random, but I'm an English nerd, and I kind of love your username. I took a class called "American Adolescence" that focused on the bildungsroman.)

beatrock
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beatrock » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:16 am

Duke Fee waiver today

Edit: 3.8/169

2nd edit: Really pumped about the fee waiver; didn't know about this PT thing...now kinda bummed
Last edited by beatrock on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Entchen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:19 am

beatrock wrote:Duke Fee waiver today


Same. Since it was just a waiver, I suppose this means I didn't qualify for Priority Track? I imagine they would include it in the same e-mail if they were going to give it to me.

Oh well, a fee waiver is still pretty nice.

3.5/177.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 am

Duke Priority Track.. 3.66/177

EDIT: I guess the LSAC trick for people who took the LSAT last cycle does, in fact, work.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:29 am

Duke Priority Track! I was kind of torn on whether or not to apply to Duke, because I'm from the south and not too fond of it, but I've heard such great things about the law school. Definitely applying.

I'm 173/3.8 for anyone who's interested in the numbers.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby msch0i » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am

Duke waiver this morning! Although...I'm sure it was to boost selectivity.

165/3.8

User avatar
Calla Lily
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Calla Lily » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

Duke waiver

Does anyone know if you can be invited to priority track in the future based on your next LSAT score if it qualifies? Or do they just send out PT invites once?
Last edited by Calla Lily on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ela7117
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ela7117 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Duke PT. 173/3.6. Looking forward to applying, love Duke

rui
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby rui » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

///
Last edited by rui on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Seriously, Duke? Fuck.

168/4.0, but my transcript hasn't been processed yet so it's still showing up as 3.75+ so maybe that explains why I didn't get it.

User avatar
Calla Lily
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Calla Lily » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, it looks like all PT invitees are rocking 17x scores. Total LSAT play.

Brick_Tamlin
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Brick_Tamlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:17 pm

rui wrote:Duke PT here, too. Signed up for an LSAC forum sometime last week or maybe the week before.

Looks like the trick was to be above their 75th in at least one category? -- I'm a 3.8x / 17x

Edit, whoops. Saw a 3.9 didn't get one. Looks like they're trying to boost the LSAT?


I guess there is more to it than that - 3.71/176 didn't get anything yet. Took the LSAT a year ago but registered for a forum and got at least one other waiver. Jerks.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 pm

My theory is that it's 3.6+ and 170+

There's someone with a 3.5/177 who didn't get one... so it's not just the LSAT

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 pm

msch0i wrote:Duke waiver this morning! Although...I'm sure it was to boost selectivity.

165/3.8


:evil:

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Brick_Tamlin wrote:
rui wrote:Duke PT here, too. Signed up for an LSAC forum sometime last week or maybe the week before.

Looks like the trick was to be above their 75th in at least one category? -- I'm a 3.8x / 17x

Edit, whoops. Saw a 3.9 didn't get one. Looks like they're trying to boost the LSAT?


I guess there is more to it than that - 3.71/176 didn't get anything yet. Took the LSAT a year ago but registered for a forum and got at least one other waiver. Jerks.


Ooops... there goes my theory :(

Brick_Tamlin
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Brick_Tamlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:25 pm

kazu wrote:
Brick_Tamlin wrote:
rui wrote:Duke PT here, too. Signed up for an LSAC forum sometime last week or maybe the week before.

Looks like the trick was to be above their 75th in at least one category? -- I'm a 3.8x / 17x

Edit, whoops. Saw a 3.9 didn't get one. Looks like they're trying to boost the LSAT?


I guess there is more to it than that - 3.71/176 didn't get anything yet. Took the LSAT a year ago but registered for a forum and got at least one other waiver. Jerks.


Ooops... there goes my theory :(


Could just be that the whole making sure CRS is active thing didn't work out, I'm just gonna get in touch with them. Theory seemed reasonable to me.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], eageragnostic, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests