Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
pu_golf88
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby pu_golf88 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Got a Cooley email lol.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:34 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:Got a Cooley email lol.

prepare for the flood. You will be getting these and their mailings for the next 9 months.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Knock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Just got an email from Cooley, but no fee-waiver :(. Should I email their admissions office and request one???

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby angiej » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Knockglock wrote:Just got an email from Cooley, but no fee-waiver :(. Should I email their admissions office and request one???

No need - there's no app fee :)

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm

angiej wrote:
Knockglock wrote:Just got an email from Cooley, but no fee-waiver :(. Should I email their admissions office and request one???

No need - there's no app fee :)


Ah yes. Cooley jokes.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Just got the Cooley email too.

On a side note: I emailed W&M back and said, "your school looks great, may I have a fee waiver?" (paraphase). Their response: "We award fee waivers based on LSAT scores, please email me back in September for fee waiver."

So, yeah... :x

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 pm

170 - William and Mary Fee Waiver

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 am

I've been assuming that if you get one of these informative emails and it doesn't clearly state "fee waiver" that it's not.

But based upon a previous post, it appears that some fee waivers may be in the LSAC system without us knowing.

Easier way for us to find this out other than calling? :roll:

On a side note: I want more fee waivers. It's almost become a Battle O' Fee Waivers!

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby msch0i » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Random invitational e-mail from Seattle University...it's for an informal open house. Slightly confused by it, since I've never gotten any e-mails from them before.

rv11
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby rv11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

msch0i wrote:Random invitational e-mail from Seattle University...it's for an informal open house. Slightly confused by it, since I've never gotten any e-mails from them before.


Yeah same. Even weirder because I haven't gotten any fee waivers this cycle yet and this was the first contact I received from a school (and it's pointless).

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby thecilent » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:Just got the Cooley email too.

On a side note: I emailed W&M back and said, "your school looks great, may I have a fee waiver?" (paraphase). Their response: "We award fee waivers based on LSAT scores, please email me back in September for fee waiver."

So, yeah... :x


lol ha

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

LSAT=166

I have started emailing schools as well to see if they are willing to give me a waiver.

7/14- William and Mary (Received email from school w/o expressing any interest previously)
7/15- University of Alabama

User avatar
abarrios
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby abarrios » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

Got a letter in the mail from George Mason saying they are happy to waive my app fee.

164 LSAT.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am

abarrios wrote:Got a letter in the mail from George Mason saying they are happy to waive my app fee.

164 LSAT.


A mail fee waiver from a school other than Thomas Cooley would make me feel pretty good.

Image

adammac17
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby adammac17 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 am

7/16 Cincinnati fee waiver

169 lsat

i know people were getting cinci waivers earlier so i guess this means not all are sent out in waves

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby angiej » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 pm

JakeL wrote:LSAT=166

I have started emailing schools as well to see if they are willing to give me a waiver.

7/14- William and Mary (Received email from school w/o expressing any interest previously)
7/15- University of Alabama



Do you mean that you received the fee-waiver once you sent a response email?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 pm

E-mail invite to attend Akron's upcoming open house, although I live several states away.

beeasy
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beeasy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey, quick question. I got a 171 on the last lsat, but didn't get a William and Mary fee waiver.

Anyone know why? Just curious why some people get them and others don't even with seemingly respectable scores. Thanks

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TOMaHULK » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Ildeuce wrote:E-mail invite to attend Akron's upcoming open house, although I live several states away.


Just got one too. I live in FL. :wink:

afa_brandon
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby afa_brandon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:13 pm

I think some of it has to do with states you declared interest in when filling out your LSAC stuff... I noted Virginia, I think, and got a fee waiver w/ 170.

Just a theory, though

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 pm

angiej wrote:
JakeL wrote:LSAT=166

I have started emailing schools as well to see if they are willing to give me a waiver.

7/14- William and Mary (Received email from school w/o expressing any interest previously)
7/15- University of Alabama



Do you mean that you received the fee-waiver once you sent a response email?


William and Mary- Just got a waiver out of the blue
Alabama-Asked politely for one

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Is it too early to start asking your "safety" schools for fee waivers? Also how would you go about doing it... drop your GPA and LSAT score, tell them you're interested and just ask?

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Ildeuce wrote:Is it too early to start asking your "safety" schools for fee waivers? Also how would you go about doing it... drop your GPA and LSAT score, tell them you're interested and just ask?


I don't think it's too early, but I have heard back from a school (Arizona) that said they aren't offering merit based waivers yet.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby msch0i » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 pm

JakeL wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:Is it too early to start asking your "safety" schools for fee waivers? Also how would you go about doing it... drop your GPA and LSAT score, tell them you're interested and just ask?


I don't think it's too early, but I have heard back from a school (Arizona) that said they aren't offering merit based waivers yet.


Add Loyola and USD to the list of schools that aren't giving out fee waivers yet, either. Loyola will e-mail them in Oct, USD asked me to resubmit a request in September.

User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Peekay80 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm

William and Mary - 161. Damn you William and Mary for using me in your little game to keep your admissions rates down. I'm your huckleberry though, because you will be getting one my finest applications!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests