Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:22 am

bendtheslurry wrote:St Johns & Ohio Northern waivers
and this really made me want to drive off a bridge....Thomas Cooley sent me an email inviting me to apply...no fee waiver... really?!?! I know my LSAT is bad....but come on!!!


I got St. John and Cardozo today...Penn State earlier this week. Wisconsin through the mail. Oregon through soliciting a law school fair as well as Loyola through email + law fair visit.
I am losing track of the ones I've gotten.

I totally forgot that I got one from Minnesota. They sent me a reminder email today to apply. Almost forgot I had one to Richmond as well. Just applied there tonight.

2014 - Nice, I wish I had asked for one. I just applied to Boulder last weekend. I should have tried to solicit one from them...

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby beleaguer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

i'm really hoping to find hidden waivers from penn and chicago, but so far no such luck :[ if i haven't gotten them by now (since others already have yesterday or the day before), can i pretty much count on not receiving them?

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:46 am

Has anyone got any unsolicited waivers from Pepperdine or Loyola -LA yet?

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 am

Xnegd wrote:Has anyone got any unsolicited waivers from Pepperdine or Loyola -LA yet?


I did (kind of anyways) from Loyola -LA. They sent me an email stating I could get a fee waiver if I printed the email and visited their booth at the law school fair.

I didn't even stay at the booth that long. Probably less than a minute since I had already gone to their table at the LA Law Fair.

Have heard 0 from Pepperdine.

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby sharpnsmooth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:06 am

same on loyola. pepperdine rejected my fee waiver request. im not shelling out 100 for a safety. she'll still be there when law schools start reporting in 2040.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am

sharpnsmooth wrote:same on loyola. pepperdine rejected my fee waiver request. im not shelling out 100 for a safety. she'll still be there when law schools start reporting in 2040.


lol

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 am

I swear, if I get ANOTHER Illinois "fee waiver", I will apply there just out of spite.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby omninode » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 am

Arbiter213 wrote:I swear, if I get ANOTHER Illinois "fee waiver", I will apply there just out of spite.

If you get enough waivers I think they have to pay you.


That's Alabama logic.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am

Got that fee waiver for Illinois also!
Vandy also sent me one, that was a very pleasant surprise.

Hope to get some more soon!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Got that fee waiver for Illinois also!
Vandy also sent me one, that was a very pleasant surprise.

Hope to get some more soon!



I have a feeling they hate me, not one yet.

User avatar
agora139
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby agora139 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 pm

i'm sure this has been asked before, but does requesting fee waivers at schools where i'd be in the top 75% both LSAT and GPA-wise make me sound obnoxious/reflect badly on me in any way? i'd rather not pay hundreds of dollars to apply to my safetys, but i also want to make sure i get in them...

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:18 pm

agora139 wrote:i'm sure this has been asked before, but does requesting fee waivers at schools where i'd be in the top 75% both LSAT and GPA-wise make me sound obnoxious/reflect badly on me in any way? i'd rather not pay hundreds of dollars to apply to my safetys, but i also want to make sure i get in them...

I don't think it does. Plus, usually it's just staff that respond to these requests not anyone on the AdComm.

User avatar
agora139
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby agora139 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:20 pm

ah thanks. who should i address these requests to then? just admissions@lawschool.edu? or someone more specific on their staff

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm

agora139 wrote:ah thanks. who should i address these requests to then? just admissions@lawschool.edu? or someone more specific on their staff

Yeah, whatever their admissions email is on their Prospective Students page on their website is fine.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:25 pm

agora139 wrote:ah thanks. who should i address these requests to then? just admissions@lawschool.edu? or someone more specific on their staff


Yea I'd like to know this, too. How do you address something like this? Phone call? Email? Do you just ask "Dear XX Law school, May I please receive a fee waiver from you so that I may apply to your school?"

Do you have to include your gpa and lsat?

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
agora139 wrote:ah thanks. who should i address these requests to then? just admissions@lawschool.edu? or someone more specific on their staff


Yea I'd like to know this, too. How do you address something like this? Phone call? Email? Do you just ask "Dear XX Law school, May I please receive a fee waiver from you so that I may apply to your school?"

Do you have to include your gpa and lsat?

There's info on this in the FAQ thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131727

Yes, you provide your LSAT, GPA and LSAC#. Or, if you're a splitter like me, you can just provide your LSAT ;) Just a short, to-the-point but polite email will suffice (there's an example in the FAQ thread I linked).

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Just got U of Iowa via email. Also received Quinnipac earlier today. If I haven't gotten Penn, Columbia, Chicago, or NYU yet, is it worth emailing to ask or not really?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:Just got U of Iowa via email. Also received Quinnipac earlier today. If I haven't gotten Penn, Columbia, Chicago, or NYU yet, is it worth emailing to ask or not really?


I'm close to giving up on C and C over here. Penn and NYU were hidden for me.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Gemini » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Northwestern had sent me a fee waiver like 1 month ago. :shock:

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TheOcho » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Iowa and Illinois fee waiver today via e-mail. Already applied to Iowa so looking for a reimbursement. I'll post the results of that inquiry if anyone else is in the same boat.

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby NYC_7911 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:29 pm

ahduth wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:Just got U of Iowa via email. Also received Quinnipac earlier today. If I haven't gotten Penn, Columbia, Chicago, or NYU yet, is it worth emailing to ask or not really?


I'm close to giving up on C and C over here. Penn and NYU were hidden for me.


Augh, I keep checking NYU and CLS, but no dice. WHY NOT?! Grumble grumble.

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Hidden waiver for Tulane.

EDIT: Nvm, I was just faster than the email. :lol:
Last edited by Flett on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:39 pm

TheOcho wrote:Iowa and Illinois fee waiver today via e-mail. Already applied to Iowa so looking for a reimbursement. I'll post the results of that inquiry if anyone else is in the same boat.


BTW, Illinois has no application fee, period. Not sure why they're emailing you a fee waiver, other than just standard law school psy ops.

bigwillie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby bigwillie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Just got an email from Cooley, no waiver, just telling me to apply.

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Application Fee Waivers - Fall 2011 Applicants

Postby TheOcho » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:12 pm

ahduth wrote:
TheOcho wrote:Iowa and Illinois fee waiver today via e-mail. Already applied to Iowa so looking for a reimbursement. I'll post the results of that inquiry if anyone else is in the same boat.


BTW, Illinois has no application fee, period. Not sure why they're emailing you a fee waiver, other than just standard law school psy ops.


Ha yeah that is a little strange. Probably just trying to convince applicants who are unaware of that fact that they are special and should apply.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alora, Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], TakeItToTrial, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests